Site Sponsors

Thread: tilt adaptors

Post Thanks / Like

tilt adaptors

Hi

just had word from RJCamera that his tilt adpator project is starting to go somewhere. He is expecting to produce a Nikon and FD version of this within the next 3 months.

I'm really looking forward to getting one.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: tilt adaptors

Pellicle, can you describe this adaptor?? Since I have a number of FD lenses and enjoy my EF mount TS lens, this might be of interest.

Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A clever idea! I don't know if RJ is naturally innovative or just very responsive to good ideas, but he's impressed me with his efforts. I read elsewhere that he's working on an adapter for Contax G-series lenses. Back in the day (well, not so very long ago) the 45mm f/2 Contax was supposed to be one the sharpest lenses ever tested by Photodo (though, alas, only a 6-bladed diaphragm).
    Best regards,
    John.
    http://jburnett.ca

Post Thanks / Like

I have talked to him about the tilt adapter quite some time ago. But for Contax G adapter, the problem is the focus system is not easy to deal with. A focus helicod is needed externally since G1/G2 are autofocus and need to work with motor.
    The good example is 90mm modified to use on Nikon F mount.
    This is quite an exceptional case.

Post Thanks / Like

Folks

I started chatting to jin about this some time around when I wrote this blog article:
    http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2009/05...asonic-g1.html

I had a number of ideas and we have had some discussions around the ideas and sent a few sketches to him.

I am sure that the concept is not challenging technically given the large space available due to the thickness of the adaptor. The Canon TS-E lenses are great examples of how a helically focusing lens can be adapted to a SLR body.

I am not sure exactly what Jin is planning as he has not sent me any prototypes. But have a flick through some of the ones on my blog page.

anyway, some time ago I posted a poll on this forum on exactly this point to give him some gauge of interest, that was here

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showth...ght=tilt+shift

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    Pellicle, can you describe this adaptor??
    Diane

not really, I have given Jin a number of ideas and answered many of his questions but he has been very one way about the information flow (quite understandable as he is taking the risks not me).

I can only say what I've told him.

Post Thanks / Like

A few weeks ago, RJ told me via email that the Contax G adapter is a lot more complicated to manufacture than he expects. The plan to have it available by the end of August seems to be come-and-gone. He did not want to tell me how he plans to go around the focus issue of the G lenses. I am waiting patiently, and expect to pay a bit more for the G adapter than my other adapters from him. So far, I like his products in terms of quality and prices.
    Stephen Lau
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    http://www.pbase.com/stephenl

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by slau View Post
    A few weeks ago, RJ told me via email that the Contax G adapter is a lot more complicated to manufacture than he expects. The plan to have it available by the end of August seems to be come-and-gone. He did not want to tell me how he plans to go around the focus issue of the G lenses. I am waiting patiently, and expect to pay a bit more for the G adapter than my other adapters from him. So far, I like his products in terms of quality and prices.
    Wow... it is the second time I hear about an adapter for Contax G lenses, I'd really want one if it can be done without destroying the lense, like that Japanese guy. They were auto-focus lenses, which you couldn't focuse manually with a ring, only through a wheel on the body. It's not the first time I read that it would be too difficult to achieve. Plus there are probably much less owners of Contax G lenses than of M lenses.

Anyway, it's interesting. Who is exactly RJ ? does he have a webpage or a blog or ? How can I get in contact with him and would the adapter be for FT or MFT bodies ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    Who is exactly RJ ?
    an eBay seller. Here.