The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

We are back from Paris in our house in Normandy. We were trapped right in the middle of this terrible disaster. We had a meal in a restaurant, where we could have been a target as well, and were walking back to our adress in Paris as the shooting started very near us. We immediatly ren into an open door with 12 other people.
No way you could stay in the streets. We have been hiding for three hours in the stairhouse and heard the firing and explosions. Looking in the street we saw dead bodys and firemen taking care of wounded people. Sirenes all over the place. We were less then 100 meters from the theatre Bataclan were the terrorists started shooting like madmen and the suiciders blew themselves killing lots of people with them. Ironicly the USA band playing in the theatre is called The eagles of death.
Our hosts nearby were very worried were we were and were still up and waiting for us because I could not call them because I forgot my phone. Our friend was crying this morning. Paris is mourning and devestated. We are glad we could save ourselves and thank the French people who let us in to shelter. After three ours we could go to our adres by the backalley.

I did take one photo from a streetscene very close to the theatre Bataclan as I did not want to photograph anymore. It is not very good.
Very sad and I wish the Parisiens lots of courage.

pegelli

Thanks for the update Michiel, I'm glad you are OK being so close, but my whole heart weeps for all the innocent victims of this gruesome and violent act.

V

Vivek

Michiel, thank you for the post! Phew, that is close!

I will be visiting Paris ASAP. Love that city.

Vive la République ! Vive la France !

Annna T

We are back from Paris in our house in Normandy. We were trapped right in the middle of this terrible disaster.
Glad to hear that you could return safely to Normandy. When I saw where the events took place and that your candies shot was taken near La Bastille, I begun to wonder when you had taken that shot and fear that you could well have been nearby. Sometimes death comes near and makes us shiver and then life get treasured more and we know we should not linger nor wait to achieve those many projects we have.

Jim DE

Quentin, The Key's are a favorite vacation/fly fishing location for me.......... you captured it well! Should of gotten a shot of Sloppy Joe's and also the Lighthouse near Hemingway's house.

biglouis

Tower Bridge, this evening, in solidarity with Paris - Sony A7S+FE90/2.8

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin, The Key's are a favorite vacation/fly fishing location for me.......... you captured it well! Should of gotten a shot of Sloppy Joe's and also the Lighthouse near Hemingway's house.
Thanks - bit too hot for me (90 farenheight) but great place and people, but Hemingway would turn in his grave if he saw what has become of Sloppy Joe's. Got a number of other images, which I will work through, and may inflict on you!

Jim DE

I think Hemmingway would of moved out of KW if he saw what goes on down there after 10 pm every night. I used to have property on Long Key but when I go down the keys I stay up in Marathon. Tarpon on a fly own my soul....

jaree

Sony A7Rii.

Omni Hotel, Bretton Woods. Early AM, grounds were frozen.

White Mountains, New Hampshire @7AM. Delayed start to autumn colors this year.

Somewhere in New Hampshire:

SamSS

a7mII + FE 55mm @ f1.8 Dome

a7mII + FE 90mm @ f5 Palace

a7RmII + FE 90mm @ f2.8 Pond

a7RmII + FE 90mm @ f2.8 Bridge

Annna T

Cloister Garden of the Abbey of Saint-Maurice

Shot last year as my A7r was still very new, with the Sony-Zeiss 24-70mm F4

The Abbey of Saint Maurice is the most ancient continually and still occupied monastery in Europe. It was founded in 515 in order to remember the massacre of the Tebain legion which took place around 300 and keep the reliques of the martyrs. You can read more about that abbey here Histoire de l?Abbaye | Abbaye de Saint-Maurice

What strikes me, after having visited many other places and great capitals of the world, is how poor my place of birth was. No palaces, no sumptuous churches to brag about. Yet that cloister us charming.

(I had a hard time trying to show the double pillars sustaining the arches while keeping everything squared)

Abbey of Saint-Maurice, Cloister Garden larger by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

Abbey of Saint-Maurice, Cloister Garden larger by hhh rrr, sur Flickr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.