The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneNYC

Hey Guys, I'm new here, I just got a MF DB and haven't shot much but wanted to contribute since I've been posting in the FS threads but it was suggested that no one knows me, which of course is true, so, hi guys!

Shot a few years back, Mamiya 7 II, 150mm, 2 minute exposure, Provia100f Film

Provia100F-Arista-Ep3200015.jpg

Print project I'm working on Mamiya RZ67 II, 180mm, Studio, PanF+ Film (ignore the Newton Rings, this was a quick scan, the project will be printed in the darkroom). Hope this is "safe to post".

PanFp-R50-9m30sR-3200-003.jpg

Shot the other day, honestly just messing around with my friend to push the limits of the DB in natural light, Mamiya DF+, 75-150 LS (The one I'm trying to trade for the "D" version so I can swap between film body and digital body), Credo 40 DB

CF006937-2.jpg

Another testing the limits of the DB with my friend, not sure of the limits here so hope this is ok to post, Phase DF+, 120 Phase Macro, Credo 40 DB

CF006803-2.jpg

Last edited:

nikonf

Re: The arch at Playa de Campiecho

Stunning image Vieri!

Thank you so much,
Mike
The arch at Playa de Campiecho, in the Asturias, after sunset.

Leica S (Typ 007), Summarit-S 35mm. 60 seconds @ F/11. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Sometimes the sky grabs a camera, stuffs it in your hands and says "Shoot, you moron!" Nice of the sky to pick the S(006) and 70 Summarit :cool:

--Matt

D&A

I took my 645Z x-country skiing today. Not something I usually do, but the high temps (58F) promised some interesting mist in the woods and less than ideal skiing. Two shots taken with the 75mm, not sure which I prefer.

Tom

_IMG5516 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr

_IMG5514 copy by tsjanik47, on Flickr
Both lovely but I prefer the expansive view of the 1st one with the green foliage in stark contrast to the dark trunks of the forest. One think that bothers me slightly is the tilt of the trees in the 2nd image although that may have been the way it presented itself...just slight distracting. Very minor point and easily correctable.
Beautiful Tom!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I took my 645Z x-country skiing today. Not something I usually do, but the high temps (58F) promised some interesting mist in the woods and less than ideal skiing. Two shots taken with the 75mm, not sure which I prefer.

Tom
Damn, those are beautiful! Remind me not to post right before you. :D

--Matt

tsjanik

Both lovely but I prefer the expansive view of the 1st one with the green foliage in stark contrast to the dark trunks of the forest. One think that bothers me slightly is the tilt of the trees in the 2nd image although that may have been the way it presented itself...just slight distracting. Very minor point and easily correctable.
Beautiful Tom!

Dave (D&A)
Thanks Dave;I fixed it. I often don't notice tilts. My father told me I didn't have my head on straight and it appears he was right.

stevenfr

This image was taken using a Phase One XF iq3 100 camera on my last shoot in the rockies photographing aspens. I was fortunate to find these foreground bushes to add a contrast colour versus the aspen trees. The early morning light gives a glow to the forest.

Steven

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
This image was taken using a Phase One XF iq3 100 camera on my last shoot in the rockies photographing aspens. I was fortunate to find these foreground bushes to add a contrast colour versus the aspen trees. The early morning light gives a glow to the forest.

Steven
Love your forest shots. I find these so difficult to do - simplification and isolation isn't as easy at it looks!

stevenfr

Hi Graham

Thank you for the kind feedback. I agree, forests are very chaotic place to find a composition. I like that when I find a composition it is something that is unique and something I find. The Phase One 100mp back is ideal for the detail in a forest composition on a large print.

Steven

Love your forest shots. I find these so difficult to do - simplification and isolation isn't as easy at it looks!

D&A

Thanks Dave;I fixed it. I often don't notice tilts. My father told me I didn't have my head on straight and it appears he was right.
Lol. Tom, I am only on my cell phone at the moment, but did you tilt the trees in the 2nd image in the opposite (wrong) direction? They are now tilting even more to the left. Notice the trees on the left side of the frame as compared to the left side frame edge? If not, my cell phone's screen is tilted and needs replacing. :banghead:

Dave (D&A)

Grayhand

The last Sunset

Stenbjerg landingsplads, Thy Nature Reserve, Denmark

501CM, 50mm CF, CFV50C

That is, the last sunset for this trip.

It does something to you, the sea.

I see big, hard men, come down to the beach at sunset,
Sitting down on a bench and suddenly a stillness flow out from them.
And there they sit until sunset is past its border to the night.
Then they are gone.

You don't need the epic dramatic sunsets to take you into the night
They are a distraction to the transition over the border
So you don't step fully into the night

But linger in the past..

Ray

Last edited:

tcdeveau

Took the 645z out for a spin this afternoon. Dreary nasty weather but thought it was also a good chance to put the weatherproofing to a test....and long exposure capabilities The background is a little too busy for my taste and I didn't isolate the island as much as I wanted to, but I'll have plenty of chances to go back. 80-160mm @130mm, f10, big stopper, 384 sec exposure (long exposure noise reduction was off so no dark frame).
IMGP4392.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.