The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Just did a quick comparison (assuming the 645D body weighs the same as the 645Z)

645D body = 54.7 oz
GFX 50R body = 27.2 oz. ~ almost exactly half the weight

645D with 45-85mm lens = 83.3 oz
GFX with 32-64mm lens = 58.1 oz (surprising that the 32-64 weighs more than the 45-85mm)
Best to all
Dave in NJ
It’s more expensive, but an X1D system is stupidly light. If you do mostly normal to WA, it’s great.

—Matt

D&A

--->>>"Here are two shots made a few years ago using the 645D. I do my own printing, and both were enlarged to 24"x32, and framed to 30"x36". Thanks for looking----when the new rig comes I hope to post here more often."<<<----
Best
Dave Gurtcheff
MODERN PICTORIALS
View attachment 137308
View attachment 137309
Dave, I am in awe. Spectacular imagery as always. Look forward to your impressions of the Fuji, especially using some of your manual focus Pentax 645 lens with it.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

citizin

Here in Aruba for a week, decided to bring the pair of Hasselblads, OCF and mods. Was unable to pack the stands and mods into regular check because of their length. WestJet offers free oversized upgraded for sporting equipment. A large hockey bag would've worked, but I didn't have one. They fit better in my larger bouldering crash pad, so that came with me. I'm liking the feel of more produced tethered travel photos then snapshots.

Hasselblad H3DII-50 with a bowens xmt-500.

etrump

Autumn in the Ozark National Forest was especially colorful with the dogwoods putting on quite a show for a few days.

XF:IQ3100:75-150:stitched panoramic:

vjbelle

Another Stack from the Suzhou gardens. I highly recommend that if any of you ever go to Suzhou to see the gardens that you skip the two largest gardens as they will be very busy with almost impossible photo opportunities. The smaller gardens are usually skipped by most of the tour groups and other people and have numerous photo opportunities.

My last trip to Suzhou was in 2009 and I took a lot of these images without the advantage of stacking. Mostly I had to stop down to f16 and even then it was impossible to get everything sharp. The stacking on the GFX is a marvelous tool.

GFX, GF 45mm, 11 shot stack at f8. Processed in C1 and stacking in Helicon.

Cheers from China......

Victor

Attachments

Last edited:

vjbelle

All of these stacks were taken at the Canglang Pavilion Garden in Suzhou. This is a very small garden that I highly recommend. Very few people and lots of photo opportunities.

GFX, GF 45mm, 11 shot stack at F8. Processed in C1 and images combined in Helicon.

Cheers.......

Victor

Attachments

etrump

The color in the San Juans was behind us so we drove down to Shiprock and got lucky. Wish that happened more often. ;)

XF/3100/40-80:

Status
Not open for further replies.