The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark C

An upland pond on the Durham moors. Partially iced over in the sub zero temperature, it was giving a nice reflection of the late afternoon sky. GFX50S + GF23mm:

Upland water by Mark, on Flickr

tashley

Subscriber Member
IQ4-150 on Alpa STC, Alpagon/Rodie 40HR, 14 image focus stack in Helicon. That's 2.1 billion pixels! My late 2013 trashcan mac pro is wheezing.....

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member
IQ4-150 on Alpa STC, Alpagon/Rodie 40HR, Arca Cube on Gitzo three series CF tripod, shot at Goodwood Sculpture Park. F8 for the first one and F 4 for the next one.

The IQ4-150 may have some polishing still to go before it is fully able to meet its anticipated spec, but it is already a damned powerful and damned demanding tool.

Last edited:

D&A

Love that lone tree, Dave!!!:thumbs:
Dave, thanks ever so much! Your kind words are always an inspiration. What's ironic is the Blue Ridge Parkway has about a zillion trees along its route, so one has to use their imagination when a single tree appears to be on it's own (as a better and different view of this tree illustrates and will be posted in the future). Whether it be a single tree, an isolated animal separated from it's herd or an individual alone in the vast wilderness...it often evokes a strong emotion, maybe because we are creatures that feel most at home in the company of others?

Dave (D&A)

dave.gt

Totally agree, Dave, and I await the next image as always! You always put a smile on my face.:thumbup:

Lone tree among the rocks, familiar indeed... :(

dj may

On this date, January 27, 1945, the Red Army liberated Auschwitz. My grandparents, who by that time were living in the U.S., were from Budapest and Bratislava. Members of their family were killed in Auschwitz. Among those who survived was a Hungarian nephew and his future wife (who had been a subject of Mengele's twins experiments). This photo shows the railway ramp that was placed in operation in May 1944 to expedite the killing of more than 400,000 Jews from Hungary.
L1008007-Lowres-20161017.jpg

jotloob

Subscriber Member
On this date, January 27, 1945, the Red Army liberated Auschwitz. My grandparents, who by that time were living in the U.S., were from Budapest and Bratislava. Members of their family were killed in Auschwitz. Among those who survived was a Hungarian nephew and his future wife (who had been a subject of Mengele's twins experiments). This photo shows the railway ramp that was placed in operation in May 1944 to expedite the killing of more than 400,000 Jews from Hungary.
View attachment 138901
Thank you very much to show this . The culture of memory must never ever die .
Thats so important . I can not click the like button , but would like to click the thanks button many times .

Status
Not open for further replies.