The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

One Camera, One Lens, One Film (yes, film)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hi, I'm Reed, and I'm a Gearhead. I have just spent a whole outing on a Sunday afternoon with one camera, one lens, and one film (Leica M4-2, 50mm DR f2 Summicron, Kodak B&W C41 film). I'm so proud of myself.

Here's a sample:

Here's the set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27723551@N08/sets/72157622728815290/

All Target store scans, no editing whatsoever.

I hope I get a white chip for this, or something... :p

Reed
Hi Reed,
Welcome. I really like the set. My favorites are the one shown above and the family walking in the wind/rain.
I shot with only my M4-P and an 85mm Summarex for 14 days last year. It feels really good to curb the gear head for a while.
BTW, you might want to post in the Analogue section (geared more for film gear heads:ROTFL:).

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Reed,
Nice images. I applaud your 1-one approach.
I do likewise but not film anymore.
But afterall, the images matter not film or digital....
Shooter

I was thanking Guy Mancuso for moving my post for me...

And by the way, I agree with you. It matters not whether it's digital or film. What matters is if the image says anything. Thanks for looking!

Reed

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Reed,
It looks like you got a decent scan from Target. I have never been able to get a scan that was not hideously over-sharpened from any of my local photo vendors.