The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

TLRs anyone?

arri

Mamiya C330 Professional S with Voigtlander Heliar 3.5/105mm
Uncoated, nearly 90 years old but still an excellent lens.
Kodak Tmax 400, Wehner Developer, Negative scan with Epson V700

arri

My next Mamiya C330 Professional but now with a wonderful US made Elgeet Colorstigmat 4.5/135mm
I got the 135mm Sekor with one death cleaned lens and I decide to try the Elgget lens.
It is made of full brass and an excellent hard chrome plating.
The lens cap is made of with leather, gold letters and red tissue inside, unbelieveable.
I have to gaive the camera new light seal, clean the shutter and mount the new lens.
A lot of unkonwn points that´s why I used for the first set a very long expired Lucky 100 film.
The paper of the roll has had a chemical reaction with the film thats why the images are looking not 100% clear but all pictures are showing that the lens is well adjusted, the shutter works well and the camera is light tide.

arri

Here´s the Mamiya C330 with my new toys.
Two Leitz Wetzlar Summar lenses 4.5/120mm.
Six element design in four groups, a classic Douple Gauss System.
Made for reprographic work but makes an excellent job in standard photography as well and why not?

chrism

I owned and enjoyed a Rolleiflex 2.8GX. With both the waistlevel viewfinder and a prism finder it let me take many photos I was proud of. But when it came to simplifying my large herd of cameras, it made more sense to keep the Hasselblad with interchangeable lenses than the Rolleiflex. But here are some TLR favourites:

I briefly owned a Rolleiflex 4.0FT, but the focus was way off and it had to go back to the seller (who promptly re-sold it to some unsuspecting victim on eBay).

If you would like some 6x6 TLR inspiration, go and find the newspaper portraits made by Jane Bown before she swapped to an OM-1n. Bloody good stuff.

rayt

I am shooting Leica digital now but if I ever get pulled back into film it would be for the Rolleiflex. The Rolleiflex TLR is a perfect travel camera because it’s such a strange looking creature people don’t know what it is and that put them at ease for a photo. A 3.5E2 or 3.5F and the Rolleiwide are small and light enough for any situation.

Ray-P006F06 by Ray T, on Flickr

I haven't used my Yashica D TLR for a number of years. I actually haven't shot any medium format film for quite a few years. And that is about to change. Ive just ordered some Fuji Velvia 50 120 film which I'll run through the Yashica very soon. It's been a very wet winter here in Australia this year and I'll be doing some long exposures of the local creeks and a small waterfall with an ND filter.

This camera is a later version D with Yashinon taking lens. I bought it for US$30 via eBay. The postage cost was a similar amount. I think the reason why I got it for so cheap was that the back of the camera was painted orange (it used to belong to a school.) There were very few bids on it. I guess not many people want an orange painted camera!