Site Sponsors

Thread: How about more fun with Leica R (film)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

How about more fun with Leica R (film)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Flood View Post
    Let's have a thread for film M's!
    With all due respect to Cindy and other lovers of the Leica rangefinder (film) cameras....I think the long suffering devotees of Leica R cameras and lenses deserve equal time.

Gary

Leica R8, 90mm Elmarit, Fuji Provia 100

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: How about more fun with Leica R (film)?

Yes, Please join in. Keep them coming!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It seems that the idea for a thread on Leica R film images does not have the same appeal as a separate thread for Leica M film images.....or any special appeal for that matter (beyond myself). Did I misjudge the ardor of Leica R users?

If so, then Leica SLRs/Leica glass will continue to be lumped in with the fine SLRs offered by Canon, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus and Pentax (no question that there are many excellent cameras/lenses in this group and I have owned a few of them)....hence the catchall thread "More and more film fun with something other than Leica M".

I guess it's not surprising that Leica dropped the R series....not enough here to set it apart from the crowd?

If Leica rangefinders are all THAT special....I might have to give them another look.

Well, here's one more (final?) image for this thread.

The subject of this image was nothing out of the ordinary, but I do enjoy using my Leica SLR (R8 with motordrive) and look forward to using it for many years to come....with perhaps a few more interesting subjects in the future.

Long live the R series.....in death, as in life......under appreciated?

Last edited by bensonga; 29th December 2009 at 15:20.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

No, no final images. Keep them coming.

I'm looking to pick up a Leica R myself, between the R5, 6, and 7. Anyone have any thoughts on those? Specifically, which has the best/brightest viewfinder? Or are they all similar?

I have a 50/2 3-cam I want to use...and would love a 100 Macro eventually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    It seems that the idea for a thread on Leica R film images does not have the same appeal as a separate thread for Leica M film images.....or any special appeal for that matter (beyond myself). Did I misjudge the ardor of Leica R users?

If so, then Leica SLRs/Leica glass will continue to be lumped in with the fine SLRs offered by Canon, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus and Pentax (no question that there are many excellent cameras/lenses in this group and I have owned a few of them)....hence the catchall thread "More and more film fun with something other than Leica M".

I guess it's not surprising that Leica dropped the R series....not enough here to set it apart from the crowd?

If Leica rangefinders are all THAT special....I might have to give them another look.

Well, here's one more (final?) image for this thread.

The subject of this image was nothing out of the ordinary, but I do enjoy using my Leica SLR (R8 with motordrive) and look forward to using it for many years to come....with perhaps a few more interesting subjects in the future.

Long live the R series.....in death, as in life......under appreciated?

No, don't stop. I think it is just that very few have a Leica R. I would love one. I have had several R lenses that I adapted to Canon/Nikon bodies, but I have not had an R body yet.
    We could ask the mods to combine the two threads into one film thread if everyone wants it that way. That might keep the thread going at a faster pace. What do you think?
    I have four film cameras and only one is an M, so I would be happy to see the threads combined.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Flood View Post
    No, don't stop. I think it is just that very few have a Leica R. I would love one. I have had several R lenses that I adapted to Canon/Nikon bodies, but I have not had an R body yet.
    We could ask the mods to combine the two threads into one film thread if everyone wants it that way. That might keep the thread going at a faster pace. What do you think?
    I have four film cameras and only one is an M, so I would be happy to see the threads combined.
    Hi Cindy. Let's leave them separate for awhile and see if more Leica R users come out of the woodworks. Besides, I do think there is something special about Leica rangefinders and I enjoy seeing the images people are taking specifically with the M series film cameras. I may aspire to own one myself someday!

If, after a few weeks, there just isn't much action on the Leica R film thread, we can reconsider combining them into one Leica film thread.....or just let the R thread fade away and revert to these images being posted with the other non-M film images.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I've still got a few more Leica R images to contribute.....nothing special, but maybe it will prompt others to post here and show us what is really possible with a Leica SLR (whether R or SL series).

Gary