The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I've eaten both hats and all my humble pie

jonoslack

What else do I have to eat?

I was egged on by my wicked son, and the result is . . . .

The first roll of HP5 is hanging up in the bathroom drying . . . I must be mad!!!!

Diane B

Ah, bet you've eaten them before LOL. Didn't you have a film M before you got the 8? Very cool though--looking forward to seeing what you are getting.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jono, I remember your previous oath. :ROTFL: That M7 is a real beauty. It will be wonderful to have you posting to the analog threads.

vieri

Welcome back to the wonderful world of film, Jono! :D looking forward to your posts here with your new M7...

Godfrey

Just don't eat the camera, eh? it's hard on the teeth. ]'-)

Lovely thing. Enjoy it!

--
My favorite M was a black M4-P that Sherry Krauter had gone through shortly before I bought it. I enjoyed its meterless simplicity and feel, it always seemed to make better photos for me than the M6 TTL and later M bodies did.

Someday I'll nab a digital M, perhaps. I like shooting with the M, not sure if I want to go that way again. I'm pretty happy with the work I'm doing and the equipment I have to do it right now.

Funny, but of all the cameras I've owned, the one the reminds me the most today of my film Leica Ms is the Olympus E-1. Weird, eh?

beamon

Fine retro move, Jono. Even though I am not using it, I can't bring myself to sell my nearly mint M6. It's just sooo Leica!

jonoslack

Thanks everybody for responding so well to my imminent indigestion!

Ah, bet you've eaten them before LOL. Didn't you have a film M before you got the 8? Very cool though--looking forward to seeing what you are getting.
Hi Diane
Well - before the M8 came out I spent a month shooting only film - just to see what I thought (it was an M6, which I bought secondhand and sold at a profit).
So I didn't have to eat anything then:ROTFL:

Great start, back, Jono! :thumbs:
HI Vivek
Well, perhaps it's always a good idea to upset the applecart a little!

Jono, I remember your previous oath. :ROTFL: That M7 is a real beauty. It will be wonderful to have you posting to the analog threads.
Hah - you lot all have such good memories . . I can hardly remember what I said yesterday, let alone what anyone else said!
Thank you for the kind words . . . scanning is happening!

Welcome back to the wonderful world of film, Jono! :D looking forward to your posts here with your new M7...
HI Vieri
I've been looking at your Egypt shots - excellent stuff. there'll be posts soon enough! Unfortunately your lovely Zeiss 25 has had to go to help finance this (not so good on the M9) the 50 sonnar has been nabbed by Silas, and he's shooting it on the Olympus pen as a fast portrait lens, and on his Bessa R2a with film.

Jono,
good for you!
-bob
Thanks . . . . just something else to fill up the time I don't have to spare! (added to which Emma ordered a new puppy last night :eek:)

Just don't eat the camera, eh? it's hard on the teeth. ]'-)

Lovely thing. Enjoy it!

--
My favorite M was a black M4-P that Sherry Krauter had gone through shortly before I bought it. I enjoyed its meterless simplicity and feel, it always seemed to make better photos for me than the M6 TTL and later M bodies did.

Someday I'll nab a digital M, perhaps. I like shooting with the M, not sure if I want to go that way again. I'm pretty happy with the work I'm doing and the equipment I have to do it right now.

Funny, but of all the cameras I've owned, the one the reminds me the most today of my film Leica Ms is the Olympus E-1. Weird, eh?
Hi Godfrey
I'll keep my teeth well away from it (cheapskates didn't put a sapphire LCD on the back!)

I was happy with what I'd got too - blame the boy, he put me up to this!
I won't use Aperture priority all that much, but it's really nice to have for those times when thought is not so important as action!

Quite agree about the E1 . . . mine still gets used a lot, mostly with the 14-54 (Silas again!).

One word: WICKED!

Good to see you finally got a real cam:)
Thank you William . . . you may not know it, but you are partly responsible for this decision! Which means, of course, that I'll blame you if it doesn't work out!

Fine retro move, Jono. Even though I am not using it, I can't bring myself to sell my nearly mint M6. It's just sooo Leica!
HI There - I can quite understand, though in this house everything has to be moved on to help pay for the next thing! At least this M7 was at a sensible price, so I shouldn't lose too much if I decide I don't like it.

Sorry, Jono, but I'm filing you under "normal" -- maybe "normal that I envy". :D

But, about that HP5 thing ... :rolleyes: Try Efke 100 in PMK 1.2.100.

http://www.jackspcs.com/pmk.htm

Congrats on your new toy. :thumbs:
Thank you. I'll be trying a few different films to get me going . . . I'll bear this in mind though :)