The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Here

gilpen123

Hello folks it's my 1st post here and choose this forum as I will be here more often. I used to be an SLR user for a long time dating back to my teens mainly Nikons. About 2+ years ago I moved to RF and never looked back. My 1st RF was a Bessa R3a with 40 1.4 and loved it but I find it annoying when the RF patch and shutter speed read out kept on disappearing on bright light situations. I sold the R3a and bought an S3 2000 w/ 50 1.4 millenium and some fixed lens RF (Canonet & Yashica). Btw, I'm 54 years old now and my eyes are not so good which makes it difficult for me to focus the S3 due to lower RF contrast. I was thinking of putting a blue gel filter on the VF but someone offered me a good price so off it went. I then have and had several Leicas; M2, M3, M6 and some M lenses as well. I trimmed my gear now and have the RD1, CLE, M3 and M6 TTL. My primary lenses are the Leica 35 2.0 V4, Ultron 28 2.0, Nokton 40 1.4, Hex 50 2.0 and 90 2.8. Btw, I also have the IIIf with a Summarit 50 1.5 which I loved except the fiddly loading. Thanks!:)

GIL

gilpen123

Hi ReeRay, I worked in Thailand for a year as an expat. If you're in town do give me a ring, maybe we can have meet up. PM me if you'll have the time. Thanks!