The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Many Fuji colour negative films discontinued

tjv

Hey all,

I couldn't see any discussion about this here so I thought I'd start it:

+++

Everybody:

I have had face to face meeting with Fujifilm this week and this is the deal.
160s, 160c, 800z and T64 in "ALL SIZES" also Neopan 400 in 120 - GONE...
With the possibility of some more (chrome) (I have no idea what is for sale in Japan now or in the future)
If you want some of this film you better go buy it NOW !!

- Scott Sheppard, Inside Analogue Photo

+++

A few Google searches confirm that this is the case, although there is some confusion as to if 160S will just be renamed to 160NS (or some such thing.) to match the Japanese market. Fuji have also canned all sheet film quickload packs.

Bummer. Seems like I'll have to make a full migration sooner than later, Fuji 160S being my favorite negative stock. :cry:

S

SCHWARZZEIT

As far as I understand how Fuji's film distribution system works all the local Fuji dependencies have to import the films from Fuji Japan, and there are minimum order quantities. It doesn't mean that the mentioned films are out of production. It's rather that Fuji USA decided not to import them anymore because the demand dropped under a critical level. All these color negative films are still available if you import directly from Japan.

Dirk Rösler is running Japan Exposures where I bought some Fuji sheet films that haven't been available here in Germany.

Fuji Pro 160S is my favorite color negative stock, too. In Japan this film is known as Fuji 160NS. Fuji Japan decided to drop the Pro 160S name and distribute the film as 160NS internationally. So there might be a chance that Fuji USA will have the 160NS when Pro 160S stocks are depleted.

As for Neopan 400 in 120 Fuji stated they had to discontinue the film for environmental reasons. There were some issues with the base material. But rumor has it that there's going to be a replacement.

-Dominique

tjv

Great news / info. Thanks. Is there an official word on this? Not that I don't believe you but I'd love to put my heart to rest once and for all!

S

SCHWARZZEIT

There are different statements coming from the different local Fuji dependencies. But as far as the actual production in Japan is concerned this is the closest information I could find.

The info about the rebranding of Pro 160S into 160NS was stated as a press release on this blog. I haven't found anything about it on any of the Fuji websites.

-Dominique