The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about posting Olympus XA Images here?....

M5-Guy

I just got one to use as my "Bring with me everywhere" camera, so, I can get that "Once-In-A-Lifetime" capture :ROTFL:

It seems to be good example in operation and can't wait to get back the 1st few rolls back.

It sits perfectly in the palm of my right hand ready for a "Fuji Moment"
I can take an image and wind the film with one hand.. :thumbs:

The RF is great, but I just set it to f/16 and 8' for 4' - INF DOF with the 35mm f/2.8 lens..:thumbs:

Please post your XA images here if you like.

Maggie O

Sure! these are all from a 1998 trip I took with my friend Helen; which you can read about here:

http://www.mediawench.com/opals/

Helen took this one:

That'd be me.

I just put some Ektar in my XA and took it out for a walk. Expect more later in the week or so...

M5-Guy

Looking Great Maggie
Those night shots are cool... Used a tripod I'd imagine... A gorilla?
I was thinking about trying Ektar also... Is the latitude pretty good?
I knew you had that great little RF.
Be sure to post a few Ektar captures when you can, and maybe some advice on getting the most from the film with the XA.

Maggie O

Looking Great Maggie
Those night shots are cool... Used a tripod I'd imagine... A gorilla?
I was thinking about trying Ektar also... Is the latitude pretty good?
I knew you had that great little RF.
Be sure to post a few Ektar captures when you can, and maybe some advice on getting the most from the film with the XA.
Thanks!

Nope, no tripod. I probably found something to set the XA on, like a car roof or parking barricade, IIRC.

Ektar seems to be a bit fussy, almost like slide film. I've been shooting it in my M2 and M4-P with mixed, but mostly good, results. I put a roll of it in my F3 and the XA, to see how a metered camera would handle it. I'll post the results here and in the non-Leica thread, after I finish the rolls.

M5-Guy

Drazin
Fav are 2 and 5. But all are good captures...Seem like you like using the XA at hip level too....
Really nice tones...
Does well in back-light too
-------------------------
I've been taken photo's while driving :scry:
Not a safe thing to do.... But with all the expressway construction going on, I just had to get some captures of heavy equipment at work...
I'll post a few in a week or so... I send my film to Blue Moon in Portland OR.
May be blurry... Don't know yet. but, it be a good thing, right?

T

tokengirl

Had it not been for this thread, I would have never looked this little camera up. Now I just won an auction on eBay for one of these little puppies. :)

T

tokengirl

The postman arrived Friday with my new-to-me XA. Took it out downtown this morning loaded with a roll of HP5+ to test it out. It's a keeper. I had forgotten how handy it is to shoot in aperture priority mode (which is the only way this camera works). Makes me desire an M7. But this little XA will do for now.

OlliL

Since I haven't scanned my XA shots yet, how about some XA-3?
Zone focus, 35mm 3.5 Zuiko lens.

Taken at the U2 360° Tour this summer.
Fuji Superia 1600

M5-Guy

Stunning :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

The postman arrived Friday with my new-to-me XA. Took it out downtown this morning loaded with a roll of HP5+ to test it out. It's a keeper. I had forgotten how handy it is to shoot in aperture priority mode (which is the only way this camera works). Makes me desire an M7. But this little XA will do for now.