The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about posting Olympus XA Images here?....

T

tokengirl

The Ektar is good in this little camera, the colors are very nice. :thumbup:

People laugh when I pull out this little camera, but I don't care. It's a real gem. I just finished up a roll of HP5, just need to soup it up sometime this week.

Maggie O

It's a fantastic camera and a real delight to use. Sturdy little buggers, too. At least mine has been.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Maggie, Your processing of the Ektar is really nice. I really like the last one and the one of your Mom and Dad speaking to the children.
Is that the Konica that your Dad is "wearing"?

Maggie O

Maggie, Your processing of the Ektar is really nice. I really like the last one and the one of your Mom and Dad speaking to the children.
Is that the Konica that your Dad is "wearing"?
Thank you, Cindy!

Dad's got his Lumix superzoom in that photo. The Konicas are shelf queens here lately. Which is a shame, because I think dad would do better with his familiar old rig than the gee-whiz digicam.

T

tokengirl

I finally developed the roll of film I've had in the XA for about three weeks now. These two images were next to each other on the strip, and I thought they looked like they belonged together (I did not shoot it that way intentionally).

Amin

I've got an XA around here somewhere. Here's one from my XA, not sure what film:

P

pgb20

I put my first roll (FujiColor Superior Xtra 400) through my recently purchased Olympus XA. Purchased from a second hand camera market for $35 AUD with the flash! What a great little camera and great lens. Any tips and preferred film advice would be much appreciated. Would love to try some B+W after seeing results above. Cheers.

Amin, that image of the boy pursuing the pigeon is a cracker. Perfect capture! And I like the shadow under the bird too...nice touch.

Out of curiosity, can you manually change the iso setting on the XA? I guess that would be the only way that you could bracket exposures with this camera.

W

wblynch

...Out of curiosity, can you manually change the iso setting on the XA? I guess that would be the only way that you could bracket exposures with this camera.
I can answer that.

Yes, the iso is manually adjusted. There is also a +1.5 ev 'backlight compensation' switch which I always forget to utilize.

-Bill

N

nacspics

This month i bought XA + XA2 + XA3...:D
Almost the whole family XA's.:cool:
I hadn't time already to use them, but i know the fame of quality they have.
When i use it i come back here with photos.
Meanwhile let me say that all pictures here are very good.