The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shot with the Nikon F6

jbcrane

John. +1. I love the work you are doing. More power to you.:salute:
Thanks guys. Here's another image from our recent trip to D.C. After nearly 3,800 miles of driving we were within 100 miles of home (Colorado) when we stopped at a rest area. The sky was darkening and the wind had picked up considerably. By the time we made our way back to the interstate on-ramp the sky looked like it could drop a tornado anywhere in the area and I pulled over, contemplating the best course of action. Out of nowhere this old, beige, pickup zoomed into the frame. The guys jumped out; one climbing up into the bed and lighting a cigarette, the other in his cowboy hat whipping out the binoculars to inspect the western horizon we were heading into. "Do you see a tornado?" I asked... Not yet, was his reply. I squeezed off a frame and they were gone, heading into the storm.

Nikon F6 w/MB-40, 17-35/2.8 on the new Kodak Portra 400.

jbcrane

John, i dont know why, but im looking for Dennis Hooper & Peter Fonda Here!;):)
Very Nice Shot!
Ha! Thanks - and I know what you mean... I think it's the cowboy hat & boots, and muscle shirts. ;-).
Here's what was just down the road from this scene:

jbcrane

Wow! Hope no one was seriously hurt!
Ouch! Hope all were safe.

Regards.
Me too on both comments... this was one of 6 east-bound trucks that had been blown over by the wind. It had happened only moments earlier and it was chaos; emergency vehicles arriving, driving rain and lots of traffic. We were west-bound and pulled over on the shoulder briefly to examine the scene across the median before continuing on. There was nothing we could do to help and it was sombre in the car as we drove away, contemplating the severity of what we'd just seen.