Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are you still shooting 35mm film?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Are you still shooting 35mm film?

Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    So nice. I kind of want to get a Nikon F2 Photomic and a Canon F1 -- they were the "best" cameras when I first fell in love with photography. Two of the very few cameras I'd consider buying (mostly) for collection purposes.
    Agreed!

The F-1 I ordered will be here next week. My only concern is finding Canon FD lenses worth their salt. Any recommendations?

I have a nice collection of Nikon non-AI, AI and AIS lenses that work with every Nikon camera I own. I gotta give Nikon a lot of credit.....they didn't "orphan" their older manual focus lenses when they developed autofocus cameras, unlike Canon.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

F100, MB-15 and the 85mm f1.8G.....a nice combination.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, the Canon F-1 I purchased from KEH arrived today. I was almost hoping I could find some reason to return it.....but that doesn't look likely now. It's in beautiful condition. The only thing missing is a rubber eyepiece ring, which I can get for $15. The two lenses I ordered (135/2.8 and 28/2.8) are also in fine condition. A 24/2.8, 35/2, and 85/1.8 (all in EX+ condition) are sitting in my KEH shopping cart. I'm still holding out for a 50/1.4 in EX+ condition. Looks like another 35mm camera system is taking shape. Just what I needed. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Nilon F6 but I sold it for lack of use and I needed the money. A wonderful camera. I currently have a Nikon F100 and without the F6 next to it, the F100 sure looks good. (I had two previously). I felt there was something missing in my world, having not shot film since I got into digital with the Nikon D70s bodies. Now I use Nikon D300 bodies. I like T-Max film and I have three rolls sitting there waiting for me to develop. I figure that since I shot film since grade school and I had a level of attainment with processing and printing, that I should not let that previous attainment go to waste. It is a shame to see my Apo-Rodagon enlarger lens sitting there for lack of use.
    Nikon F100, D300 (2), 24mm F2.8AFD, 35mm F1.8 AFG, 50mm F1.8AFG, 85mm F1.8AFG

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I still occasionally shoot with my F100 and I'd love to get an F6 as it, along with the Leica MP, are probably the pinnacle of 35mm cameras. However, when I shoot film these days I typically gravitate to shooting either 6x6 or 6x17 medium format on the basis that if I'm shooting film anyway I may as well go BIG (although without the inconvenience of 4x5 or larger).

In my part of the world I definitely notice a minor resurgence in interest in shooting film these days. My local stores do a pretty decent business buying and selling used analog gear, both 35mm and medium format. Also the schools still require 35mm film for their photo classes.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by williamkazak View Post
    It is a shame to see my Apo-Rodagon enlarger lens sitting there for lack of use.
    Get a bellows for your DSLR and use that lens on it. Better yet, get the Novoflex bellows with the tilts and shifts.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    How many of you are still shooting 35mm film? What cameras and why?
    Well, I better be. Just received an order of another dozen rolls of 35mm film, some Rollei Superpan 200 and Fuji ACROS 100.

I should finish the darn roll in the Nikon F....
    The CL, M4-2, Rollei 35S, Minox 35GT-E, and Robot II are all waiting too.

Why is a question I'm not going to muse upon at the moment. I'd rather just get to it and not worry about that. :-)

G

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great question fo me. My favorite camera would be my M6 Ti but I haven't used it this year. Most of my film shots have been with my Linhof 612. Just hung 2 prints from my Linhof 1m x 500 and shot same shots with Sony A99 and Leica PC28/2.8R and the Linhof and Velvia blew the doors off the Sony/leica pano. The tiny 35mm negative almost looks silly next to the 6x12. And all my 35 film are 36 exp rolls and when I am shooting film 36 shots can take a lifetime to shoot. Am at present trying to come up with a project that will suit my M6 just so I can use it. My other problem is I love my Rolleiflex. Have a 6x6 wall in my office and I want to fill it and I really love the square. To compound things I also have a Xpan and that also hasn't been used this year. Recently bought an RX-1 as well but that is another story So am I still using 35mm film, not really.
    David
    Auckland, NZ.

Senior Member johnnygoesdigital's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For me nothing beats the character or tonality of film. Having up to 16 images (120 MF) on a roll allows one to appreciate and understand the fundamentals of exposure and composition.

Here's some film photos from a Fotoman 612 and Mamiya RZ
    Last edited by johnnygoesdigital; 30th May 2013 at 06:52.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    I disagree completely. I went to digital capture after forty years of shooting film because it was obviously a better medium for my photography ... even the relatively inexpensive fixed-lens digital camera I bought in 2002 out-performed my Leica and Nikon 35mm film cameras, and when I bought a DSLR a year later, I sold my medium format cameras.
    then you did not know what you were doing with film.

an image taken with MF 120 blows the doors off a 2013 camera.

a 2002 digital camera was a joke -unless you like images with blown highlights, horid colors, no dynamic range

i have one of the best old digital cameras - a Sigma foveon SD9 and no way is it as good as film

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy shooting film, I have a couple of Pentax (MZ-3, ME Super, Super-A, P30N) & Ricoh XR-7 which is having completely mechanical shutter plus Yashica Electro GX RF.

Unfortunately it's becoming more and more difficult to find a good lab at this part of the world as everything is turning digital. Finding a lab for E6 processing is even more difficult.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm an SLR guy and although I love the classic looks of RFs, they just don't work for me and my shooting like SLRs do.

I use a Nikon F6 for about 75% of my shooting. The only time I really break out my D700 is when I need high shot counts and indoor low light.

Color is my go-to film and I love just about all the current films. Also have plenty of expired films that I shoot (Provia 400X, and Ektachrome).

Digital is just plain boring for me. You can simulate film with plug-ins, but why fake it if you can still shoot it? Besides, you can't beat the look you get in public when you load film in your camera.

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ah... another F6 shooter

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trioderob View Post
    then you did not know what you were doing with film.

an image taken with MF 120 blows the doors off a 2013 camera.

a 2002 digital camera was a joke -unless you like images with blown highlights, horid colors, no dynamic range

i have one of the best old digital cameras - a Sigma foveon SD9 and no way is it as good as film
    Well, you're ignorable. Bye.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Went for this morning's walk with the Nikon F and 50/1.2 fitted. A nice old camera, but since playing with the Leicaflex SLs it feels a bit clumsy by comparison. The SL viewfinder is much nicer too.

I'm almost done with the roll, I'll run up to Palo Alto and get it processed (C-41).

I don't shoot film, particularly 35mm film, because I think the quality is all that wonderful. I like it for its defects and the difference it poses from digital capture. The defects often lend charm to a photo, and weirdnesses in film's rendering are often quite nice.

G

Post Thanks / Like

Well my Arcbody is in for a CLA and my M6 + 28 Summicron will be out for a play over the weekend. Really looking forward to it. Have some PanF 50, 6stop and 10stop ND filter and going for looooong exposures. Man that F6 looks gorgeous above, always wanted one.
    David
    Auckland, NZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel_Loader View Post
    I use a Nikon F6 for about 75% of my shooting.

I finally pulled the trigger on the purchase of an F6 with MB-40 motor drive (LN- condition). I've been wanting one of these for 3-4 years, ever since I read an article comparing the last (and best?) 35mm film cameras from Canon, Nikon and Leica: the 1VHS, F6 and R9.

I already had the 1VHS, and an R8 (close enough to the R9 for me), so I just "needed" the F6. I have been a Nikon 35mm film shooter for 30+ years (F2 & F3HP), but always with manual focus lenses. Then I got a couple of Nikon DSLRs, AF Nikkors and I bought a F100 and F5 last year. But I kept thinking about the F6, figuring someday, I'd get one.

Well, today was that day. It should arrive here in Alaska next Wednesday.

I sure don't need another camera, let alone another 35mm film camera, but having the "Holy Trinity" from Nikon, Leica and Canon in my hands...that's a good enough reason for me.

Gary
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Gary, I see no mentioning of an RTS III or maybe a humble RX in your writeup above

Oh, and congratulations with the F6. It's the best

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I've been tempted a time or two to pull the trigger on an F4, 5 or 6 -- or even a crusty old brassed out and dented 3 LOLOL! End of day, if I were going to return to shooting film, I'd make it worth my while and shoot LF, probably 5x7, and mostly B&W. What I really miss about shooting film is large groundglass viewing with focus, tilt and swing adjustments.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have an F6 I take out when I need a fix.
    Also a couple of Hassy 500s
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Gary, I see no mentioning of an RTS III or maybe a humble RX in your writeup above

Oh, and congratulations with the F6. It's the best

Yes, yes...I know I should have included a few others in that list.

I decided a few years ago that I needed to set some limits on the scope of my 35mm camera collection, so I've "limited" myself to cameras and lenses from these three. I mostly use the lenses on DSLRs now, but still enjoy shooting with the film cameras now and then.

However, like Jack, if I am going to shoot film and actually want the results to be worth the effort, I'll go with a larger format...in my case, medium format.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Battle of the Titans:
    http://www.iconicphoto.com/pdf/nikon...leica_0405.pdf

For those of us who are afflicted with a particular strain of GAS, reading an article like this is very dangerous. If you have one of these cameras, you know that eventually, you will have to own all three.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just to keep the GAS flowing. Canon EOS 1n and T3 are recent purchase, Hassy is going out the door today to a new home courtesy Ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

Still going strong with my M3.

Akiva S.

Post Thanks / Like

"The best digital cameras far out perform the best film cameras - but only in the hands of a good photographer."

that's total nonsense - I challenge you to prove it

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dougpeterson View Post
    The best digital cameras far out perform the best film cameras - but only in the hands of a good photographer.
    Doug Peterson
    Trioderob -- It took me awhile to find this original post. It's helpful for all of us if you would use the Quote reply method when you want to quote and reply to a previous post.

I'll leave Doug to reply to your comment, if he wishes to do so.

Speaking of 35mm cameras only (since that's what this thread is all about), my personal experience is that the best 35mm DSLRs do produce "superior" images to those from 35mm film. That's my own subjective and personal experience and why 99% of my 35mm format shots are with a digital camera, not a film camera. I have no "proof" to give you. Obviously, your results may be quite different.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

for color maybe.

for black and white -film is much better.

much nicer tones and gradations - imho

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Film: Not better, just different. Both film and digital float my boat

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I visited the shelves of cameras at the weekend, and brought out my wife's long neglected Pentax SF-1 from the late eighties. Did you know that undiluted Kodak stop bath is really good at removing corrosion from terminals that have 25 year old dried battery juice on them? It really works, and now so does the camera. I'll have to run a film through it next week and see how it does. Auto-focus that slow and noisy doesn't count as cheating, does it?

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I would like to know which 35mm film camera i should buy, any recommendations?
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I would like to know which 35mm film camera i should buy, any recommendations?
    First question: Are you already invested in 35mm lenses from a particular system? Leica, Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus etc?

To me, that would be the determining factor. There are good 35mm film cameras from almost all of the companies.

In the meantime, my recommendations for the 35mm cameras I own:

Leica: R8/R9...but an R6.2 is a great camera too.
    Nikon: F6 or F3HP...but the F5 and F100 are good as well.
    Canon: The EOS-1V or 1V-HS....absolutely.

I left off the 35mm rangefinders, since I don't own one.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

First question: Are you already invested in 35mm lenses from a particular system? Leica, Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus etc?

To me, that would be the determining factor. There are good 35mm film cameras from almost all of the companies.

In the meantime, my recommendations for the 35mm cameras I own:

Leica: R8/R9...but an R6.2 is a great camera too.
    Nikon: F6 or F3HP...but the F5 and F100 are good as well.
    Canon: The EOS-1V or 1V-HS....absolutely.

I left off the 35mm rangefinders, since I don't own one.

Gary
    I don't have any manual 35mm lenses, i only have 35mm DSLRS or say digital cameras, Canon, also one digital MF, but i have only MF and LF film cameras, so that i don't have 35mm, but i bought a panoramic adapter kit to use in Mamiya 7II and that will make it to use 35mm films as panorama, and not sure if one of my Holga cameras is able to use 35mm after modify, both are MF format.

I was going to go with Canon EOS-1V as it is still available as brand new and i have Canon digital lenses, but i have one friend told me that Leica is the best 35mm film camera to have, so i was thinking if this is what i shout get, but, i know that my love is for MF and LF all the time, and i am planning to buy Fuji RF that is small enough to use it for street or travel, then i will feel that i will never touch 35mm film again.
    Tareq

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My last hurrah with film was with a Leica MP LHSA, Nikon F6, Hasselblad 203FE, Hasselblad H2F, and the Mamiya RZPro-IID. Prior to that, just name a good film camera and I probably had it I'd be embarrassed to list them, it'd stress the band-width here. Without a doubt, my past favorite was the M by a huge margin with a loving nod to the 203FE, Contax 645, and Contax N all sporting the Zeiss optics I preferred.

Sort of the pinnacle of each format for my uses. A product of the love/hate, angels/demons, can-do/can't-do relationship I've had with film for more decades than I care to admit to.

The proof of my denial that film's dead to me is that my Zone VI equipped wet-darkroom is still intact, my fabulous Kaiser MF enlarger sites fallow in storage, and I am waiting for our town to have their annual hazardous waste pick-up to shed the last of my aging chemicals. That denial cost me a lot also I had at least $3,000 in film in my garage freezer energy hog, which I got rid of leaving the film to go bad (a parent's illness distracted me from such mundane things as selling it roll-by-roll). Even had the last run of Verichrome in copious quantities that I loved for wedding work.

Oddly, one of the most missed aspects of my film age was the tactile feel of winding a M or V camera. Something reassuring about that physical connection to the camera. Sort of "There, that one is done" sense of incremental accomplishment to it. Of course, the other is the magic of a print appearing in a tray while enjoying the inner Sanctum of the darkroom where no one dared enter when I was working.

I was an early adopter of digital a 3 meg Canon and whopping 16 meg Kodak Proback that could shoot any ISO as long as it was 100. Mostly to facilitate commercial work where time was of the essence. Slowly that digital cancer spread, feeding on my inherent laziness. After trying a number of scanners to bridge film and digital, I secured the mighty Imacon 949. That helped me come to the aesthetic realization that if you shoot film, then the analog process should be carried all the way through to making silver-prints with an enlarger. Facsimiles always involve some sort of compromise IMO.

By then the digital cancer had reached my brain.

I stopped waxing poetically about film. Truth be told I had longed for the immediacy of digital well before it was even commercially available or a known alternative. I blew through an enormous amount of Polaroid film and even had a Pola back for one of my Mamiya 7-II cameras (the other loaded with film).

I never enjoyed the nail biting process of handing over my precious color film rolls to a lab, and a few too many times getting the phone call that they had screwed up. Costly for a commercial assignment redo, a un-retrievable disaster for a wedding gig. Film lost in the mail happen one too many times also whole vacation memories gone forever. If there was to be a fug-up I wanted it to be my fug-up, not one out of my control.

Darkrooms sound romantic, but often were just pure drudgery and stinky. I am on a septic tank, and the process of protecting that became an enormous task. Drying and flattening silver prints was a precarious task where one dimple meant hours of repeating the whole process.

Today, we have many shimmering silver prints placed all over our home. A testament to a bye-gone age of hand-crafted beauty that has it own separate set of visual charms. To this day I admire and celebrate well done analog prints as a highly disciplined art form of its' own.

I then dedicated myself to the digital process and relentlessly digging deep into its' own set of visual attributes. Having been deeply involved with the dark-room helped a lot because I knew what I was looking for not to duplicate, but to exploit what digital could offer as a new aesthetic discipline. So far it has been very rewarding and fulfilling and the most unendingly expensive thing I've done in the name of art.

- Marc

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i too have an Aristo zone VI head on a motorized lift Bessler fitted for 4x5, nice little Schneider Componon 150...in a box, set up back in '74
    Last edited by jlm; 12th April 2014 at 10:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I don't have any manual 35mm lenses, i only have 35mm DSLRS or say digital cameras, Canon, also one digital MF, but i have only MF and LF film cameras, so that i don't have 35mm, but i bought a panoramic adapter kit to use in Mamiya 7II and that will make it to use 35mm films as panorama, and not sure if one of my Holga cameras is able to use 35mm after modify, both are MF format.

I was going to go with Canon EOS-1V as it is still available as brand new and i have Canon digital lenses, but i have one friend told me that Leica is the best 35mm film camera to have, so i was thinking if this is what i shout get, but, i know that my love is for MF and LF all the time, and i am planning to buy Fuji RF that is small enough to use it for street or travel, then i will feel that i will never touch 35mm film again.
    If I had Canon lenses, I would go for the EOS-1V. I have Nikon lenses, so I use an F6. It's my favourite camera

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ok then, i may think to get Canon 1V if i want to have a 35mm film camera.

Thanks!
    Tareq

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The EOS-1V is a terrific camera. I bought mine from Fotografz/Marc and then I added the PB-E2 power drive booster.

The last and best Canon 35mm film camera. I didn't know they were still available new. I think you will enjoy it.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of reasons to shoot 35mm film, besides liking the cameras. The lenses listed are all also used on m43 for double the effective focal length. The Zoomar 1000/8 is also used on Rittreck 66.

Panoramic
    XPan, Widelux

FD Lenses
    Canon T90 + Canon FD lenses

Action & Sequence Photos
    Nikon F5

Wildlife
    Olympus OM4/OMTi+ OM 350/2.8 lens
    Canon EOS 3 + Canon 70-300/4-5.6 IS (EOS 3 Eye controlled focus)

Bokeh
    Nikon F4/F5 = Nikon 135/2.0DC
    Exakta VX + Biotar 58/2

Macro
    Various cameras + Vivitar 90/2.5 & Vivitar 70-180/4.5 Flat Field

Texsport
    Last edited by Texsport; 29th April 2014 at 13:39.
    Exacta VX,500;Leica M3;Voigtlander Bessa L;Olympus OM4, OM4T,35SP,E-M5;Nikkormat FTN;Nikon FG,F4,F5;Canon EF,T90,EOS A2,EOS3,SL1;Fujica 670/690G and BL;Pentacon Six TL;Rittreck 66;Warner 66;Norita 66; Widelux F7;H XPan;Noblex 150;Linhof 617.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't shot any 35mm film in a while. As soon as I use up the last couple of shots in the Polaroids (I have the last frame or two of Cyanograph in the SX-70 right now, and another frame to go in the SX-70 Sonar), I'll load either the Nikon F, the Leicaflex SL, or the Leica CL.

I tend to shoot digital and film the same way ... very sparingly ... and with a 35mm roll of film it takes forever to get through 24 or 36 shots! I get impatient.
    :-)

G

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Konica Hexar RF and also a Canon 1VHS. Planning to get a Contax 645. Totally in love with the look of film.

Post Thanks / Like

Film ...

Because a "File" is not and can never be a photograph.

One's "File" can't even be viewed in its entirety absent a $5,000 "4k" monitor currently being hawked by SONY as "The new standard". Even then the "4K" falls short.

Your dying mother cannot hold onto a "File" in her last minutes as her gateway reminder to a life well lived surrounded by a loving family.

A well-scanned negative/transparency from say NCPS is 15MP (Which would require much more in native camera MP. More can be extracted by wet drum techniques IF the craze for murals infects.

Leading experts in photography who are themselves accomplished artists (Ming Thein) report a FAR HIGHER keeper rate with film (3X higher). Whatever is driving that higher keeper rate is a good thing and the Digital Muppets are missing out.

No, Dear Readers, a photograph is not a "File"—they have something a "file" can never achieve.

They offer tangibility ... but demand a bit of skill.

Does film cost more than digital?

Not when the Tsunami of planned obsolescence has laid waste to the "Digital Muppets" being led like fur balls to the financial cliff's edge. SONY leads the oppressors in this regard.

Our gain flows from their ignorance—A pristine ebay NIKON FA = $110. The "Muppets" apparently haven't heard about Matrix Metering.

THAT film is coming back can be observed on Ebay at the falling number of good film 35mm cameras (FM3a) and their rising $450-$500 current bids. Soon you'll see $750 for 30 year old Japanese mainstream 35mm SLR cameras.

Indeed, NIKON might do well to reintroduce an all mechanical camera OTHER than their student intro FM10. This is true even as we can grab a very good F100 for a song. Of course they would need to reintroduce their AIS line ... with a $1,000 each tag and Whiz Bang "Nano" coatings.

Nikon/Canon are lens companies hampered by their own legacy quality inventory. We win by rethinking/using a "New" detector.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sector99: well, I suppose that's one view and in many ways, as both a film AND digital shooter, I agree that film is on the uptake but you shot your credibility with the offensive "Muppet" comments.

To assume that all digital shooters spray & pray and film shooters take more time & care to score a higher 'hit rate' is naive, and I'm being charitable and polite.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

God, I LOVE the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Aren't those "dying moms" holding a print?

- Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

what the MUPPETS have gone digital now!!!

Is nothing SACRED?

Post Thanks / Like

It's not 35mm, but it's still film!

A 645n. There's a 120mm/f4 coming as well. Halfway through my first roll of Tri-X in it. Fun!

Chris

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not medium format, but it feels like it. :-)

G
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Love that R8/R9!! 👍

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Love that R8/R9!! 👍
    :-) Been on two walks with it. It is a magnificent piece of machinery.

G

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried film several times over the last couple years, with a couple Ms on different occasions, a CL, and most recently with a Nikkormat and Rollei 3.5F my wife's mother gave me. Despite being unable to get into it, I still feel strangely and strongly drawn. But I think it's one of those things where I like the idea of it more than the reality.

Digital just suits my busy lifestyle better. Plus, I've also developed a rather free and loose street shooting style that would be costly with film. And I'm pretty pleased that the GR and X-Pro offer at least somewhat of the more organic BW look that I find so appealing in film.

If I were to embrace film in a big way, I think it would be with the Rollei or perhaps a Hasselblad V system, which is something I've always wanted. But I sure do enjoy the film M thread and "other than Leica" thread in this forum.

John
    Last edited by JohnW; 5th August 2014 at 09:53.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was not going to shoot 35mm anymore but was looking at a couple of lenses I have that I have no bodies for. A Zeiss 15 2.8 ZF.2 and a Leica R PC 28 2.8 SA and thought I want to use these lenses and investigated either a Leica R8 or a Nikon F6. Went the F6 route and have ordered a new mount from Leitax for the Leica R lens and should be operational by next week. Also I still have around 100 rolls of 35mm film so didn't want that to go to waste. Was my birthday last week and my wife wanted to know what I wanted and I said a Nikon F6. Done.
    David
    Auckland, NZ.