Site Sponsors

Thread: Just Purchased Bronica GS-1

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just Purchased Bronica GS-1

I cant believe I bought a MF film camera. I shoot with a Canon 5D MK 2 and purchased a GS-1 for my portraits. I used a Hassey for 30 years and went Digital 3 years ago. I cant wait to get it tomorrow, 12/17/10 from KEH.
    I ordered the 150 lense and 120 back and AE Prism finder. I ordered 3 rolls of film Fuji 400H amd kodak ektar 100. I will send them to be Hi res. scanned from North Coast labs. I will try to figure out how to post them . Any suggestions? thanks rollsman

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Just Purchased Bronica GS-1

Congrats- a wonderful camera with great lenses, and all priced very reasonably.

Remember to read about the sequence for shutter cocking-lens and back removal, to keep it in proper sync. Mirror lockup is pretty straightforward. If you don't have the manual, I think there is one on the Butkus site. If not, send me a PM and I can email you one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you. I ordered the manual with the camera. I will read what you had sent me to be aware of. I have to try and rethink how to know the f stop when using fkash. With digital I have the LCD monitor to see what I have. I hope its the same.( I have a flash meter and regular meter for available light. thanks, rollsman

SML

I have just go hold of a Bronica GS-1 kit. Interested in your experiences and maybe share notes

Cheers

Steve