The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

@#*!&%$@ Dale Photo

T

tokengirl

All I wanted was one lousy roll of film developed, and I ended up leaving with this. :p

bensonga

Sweet! Congratulations.....I predict you'll love it! Is that a 500 C/M?

Is this your first Hasselblad 500 series camera?

By the way....I've really enjoyed your XPan images.

T

tokengirl

Yes and yes.

I'm reading Ernst Wildi's "The Hasselblad Manual" so I can figure out how to work this beast. It actually seems pretty simple once you get into the routine.

I really like that you cannot fire the shutter without removing the dark slide first. I wish rangefinders would not fire when the lens cap is on. :D

JCT

That's a beaut!

Just be sure to practice loading the back with some expendable film. It's actually pretty easy to load it backwards. Especially if you are in a hurry.

Guess how I know?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Claire, It is gorgeous. I can see why you were smitten. Enjoy. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Valentin

One thing I didn't like about Hassy is the process of loading film (compared with other manufacturers). Another one was the fact that you can remove the slide when the back is off the camera. Every other manufacturer that I know lock the slide in once you remove the back.

With that said, it's a sexy camera.

redrockcoulee

Proof positive that it is less expensive to develop your own film :)

I love my 500 C/M (my favourite camera) however unfortunately so does my wife. I do have one back that you can shoot with when the dark slide is in but otherwise it is a well thought out system. Enjoy

T

tetsrfun

If you C/M has its original focusing screen, a Acute-Matte D (42215) is a worthwhile improvement, IMO.

Steve

T

tokengirl

If you C/M has its original focusing screen, a Acute-Matte D (42215) is a worthwhile improvement, IMO.

Steve
Yes, it has the original focusing screen. I will probably replace it with a Maxwell HiLux matte screen with a grid at some point.

T

tokengirl

The film is fine. But I am having the darnedest time getting it to sit in my scanner's film holder. Terrible barrel curve. :cussing:

P.S. It was great to meet you at Dale's, nice surprise to meet one of the GetDPI gang in person finally. :)