The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Found Master Street Photographer!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I've read about her before, but it is an amazing story. Her photographs are wonderful. I hope that she gets the recognition that she deserves. Too bad it couldn't have happened when she was alive.

Last edited:

darr

Thanks for the link! :)

I saw her work recently on line, but not the news video.
I appreciate your posting very much.

Darr

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks for posting the link Marc.

What a nice video presentation....and what a wonderful find.

Looks like I need to make some room on my shelf...I just hope that Phaidon, Bullfinch or Nazraeli get involved.

Bob

Last edited:
T

tokengirl

I have been following the blog for the better part of a year, watching as more and more photos come to light. I'm really glad to have seen them, they are really wonderful photos. I just hope that Ms. Maier doesn't mind that we're all looking at something that she seems to have kept private all her life for whatever reason.

scho

I've also been following this fascinating story for awhile and I wonder if the current, digital era "Vivians" that might be prowling the streets have the inclination or means to preserve their images as well as Vivian Maier did with her film treasure.

petetsai

If anyone is in Chicago the exhibit at the cultural center is worth checking out, its a small sampling of her work, but its great to see her work right in the city where she shot many of the images. She did travel the world on some inherited money as well, and also spent time in NYC.