The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tri-colour photography

Okay, I admit that it has taken a while. I hope I haven't kept many of you in suspense. Inspired by those 100 year old colour photographs of the Russian empire, I decided to try the same technique myself. This is my first attempt - shot on Ilford FP4 with a Canon T70 and Canon FD 50mm f1.8. I gave specific instructions to the lab that did the scanning of the negatives but it looks like a lot of the time, they didn't follow my instructions so I'll have to get the rest of them rescanned. Hopefully, it won't take too long to post the others.

For those who are unfamiliar with the technique, I made three exposures on black and white negative film with red, green and blue filters. After scanning, I combined the three images together with Adobe Photoshop to produce a single colour image.

Last edited: