The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

N

nei1

portrait of gallileo:)

m6 50mm cron tri x at 1600asa

p.s.I was hoping to appear on the previous page so "you all" could make some biggoted racist remarks about me too but then maybe I missunderstood your views

Last edited:

helenhill

p.s.I was hoping to appear on the previous page so "you all" could make some biggoted racist remarks about me too but then maybe I missunderstood your views

I'm Lost as to this REMARK... if YOu are referring to my Afro shot on that Beauitiful Young teenage Boy
You are Dead Wrong....I truly Loved his Look & Hair and to my Eye it brought back memories of me in the seventies as a very Young Girl not yet a teenager
and still having an eye for 'STYLE' & Fashion so to speak....The 70's to me were QUITE COOOOL
so there was NO RACIST,,BIGOTED POV going on
Sorry if You misconstrued ... and I will REPEAT
THERE WAS NO RACIST,BIGOTED THOUGHTS OR ALLUSIONS GOING ON

and as for Lloyd & Scott Photos
I believe there shots were in Good Humor
playing with the Concept of Hair NOT Bigotry & Racism

So I do Hope YOU understand & we are still Friends
Now I just thought : I hope your NOT also OFFENDED about 'The Aliens' / A Scott Production...:bugeyes:

Best- Helen :)

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

portrait of gallileo:)

m6 50mm cron tri x at 1600asa

Neil,
I think you mis-understood. I took the "fro" references totally as a time-warp reference to the 70-80's. Here in the US, people of all colors wore that hairdo as a style statement. Styles are cyclical and that one seems to be returning.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Neil,

I not sure what you meant, but I assure you no racism intended on any level. The picture I linked to happens to be of my neighbor and one of my dearest friends, and the funny part is that in the 70s I, myself proudly sported a "fro"... larger than his, in fact.

N

nei1

Then its clear that I did indeed misunderstand ,my apologies for causing such a stir.

Scott G

Wow, I've been traveling since sunday and it looks like I missed some drama...glad everything is right with the world again, and we are back to the FUN with Leica M thread :D

I'm so pleased to have found this forum and even more this thread. I'm finding many of these images to be inspired and inspiring. I started photography 6 years ago having never shot film, and was shooting DSLR's until the M8 came out. I fell head over heals for RF shooting, and of course Leica lenses. 2 years ago I got an M7, and have been hybridizing the film/digital experience, shooting XP2 and scanning with a coolscan 5000. While I'm sure that silver film will work it's way into my process, I am very satisfied shooting XP2 and scanning. I much prefer the look of scanned film to digital B&W, though it defies logic. I also much prefer the process of shooting film over digital, I like what it does to my thinking about each shot, and I really love the M7, and M3! I am moving in the direction of committing to film, and this forum and these images are definitely helping me go the way it feels I should go. Here's one with a 50 lux asph. best....Peter