The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Peter Klein

Swiss Kiss

Here's a very fun picture from a few years ago, taken in the little alpine hamlet of Gimmelwald, about 4,000 feet up, where the animals are very friendly. M4-P, Voigtlander 21/4.

There is no truth to the rumor that the Swiss Ministry of Tourism has permanently banned me from the country as a result of this photo.

Enjoy!
--Peter

Last edited:

Peter Klein

Re: Swiss Kiss

Here's a very fun picture from a few years ago, taken in the little alpine hamlet of Gimmelwald, about 4,000 feet up, where the animals are very friendly. M4-P, Voigtlander 21/4.

There is no truth to the rumor that the Swiss Ministry of Tourism has permanently banned me from the country as a result of this photo.

Enjoy!
--Peter
Oops, I goofed, it was the 25/4 VC lens, which was later replaced by the 21.

Stuart Richardson

My friend's the bull...

Here she is with another of my friends, only this time she is not as angry. Taken on Snaefellsjökull, for those of you familiar with Iceland.

Stuart Richardson

That last one and these were with a Hexar AF, which is basically a Leica, so I will post them here. I messed up the film though -- I had some TMY that was at least 5 years old and through some x-ray scanners, and I developed it in Rodinal. It is so grainy for a "cutting edge" 400 ISO that it is almost funny.

maddoc

Stuart, very nice ! That Rolleiflex in your second posted photo looks very similar to my one. Is it a 3.5E ?

Helen, pushing the SA to the limits ? :thumbup: Great night shot ! There might be some flare caused by the shade in the upper part, though.

Cindy, nice to see you using the M4-P ! :cool: I think you do very well with the Epson V700 ! It was my only film-scanner for 135 and 120 for two years.

Stuart Richardson

Cindy -- that first shot is really excellent. I love the look -- the combination of the lens and the film makes it look like it was taken in the 70s. It has such a lovely understated color palette.

Gabor -- thanks for the comments. Yes, the Rollei is a 3.5E. How can you tell? It is the Xenotar version. It was slightly beat up when I bought it, but the glass was great. I had Nippon Camera Clinic service it, and put in a Maxwell screen and now it works brilliantly. Currently I am letting Eva borrow it, as she loves medium format, but only has a Holga.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you Gabor and Stuart.

Stuart, I noticed the Rollei, too. My Rollei is the reason I gave up my Nikon V scanner. It has been a little bit of a learning curve with this Epson V700, but it can handle the 120 film that the Nikon V couldn't.
The combo of the M4P and the Canon 50 f/1.2 does have a retro look.

helenhill

GORGEOUS shot & Glow ..... of the Beautiful Young Girl (niece or grand daughter perhaps...)
The Canon & M4p work well together with YOUR EYE :)

Best- H

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Helen. My grand daughter, actually. See what she has around her neck???? ...my G1:shocked::shocked::shocked:. I couldn't get it away from her.
Seriously, we were on a walkabout in historic Charleston. I'm glad to share my love of photography with her. She took some nice photos with it. I bought her a nice p&s for Christmas, but for some reason, she prefers the G1.:ROTFL: