The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

N

nei1

Leica M4-2 50mm f2 Tri-X

p.s.How about a permanent Analogue section on the main menu??????????

Peter Klein

Here are a couple from 1972, when I was a student in Boston. Both M2, DR Summicron, Tri-X.
--Peter

Last edited:

helenhill

Just Blows my mind this whole M /Film Series...Superb

Marc , I simply ADORE the Woman holding a shoe, with that wild hat & glasses....I'll probanly go that direction in my Old Age :ROTFL:
and the Beauty & simplicity of the Door w/the milk bottles ...Lovely

Neil, Wht is that ...in Film it looks so Charming...like a victorian Toy

Peter, The shot of the Homeless (?) man is Priceless

WHO NEEDS DIGITAL is right

I'm in Heaven :)!!
Best-H

fotografz

Just Blows my mind this whole M /Film Series...Superb

Marc , I simply ADORE the Woman holding a shoe, with that wild hat & glasses....I'll probanly go that direction in my Old Age :ROTFL:
and the Beauty & simplicity of the Door w/the milk bottles ...Lovely

Neil, Wht is that ...in Film it looks so Charming...like a victorian Toy

Peter, The shot of the Homeless (?) man is Priceless

WHO NEEDS DIGITAL is right

I'm in Heaven :)!!
Best-H
Thanks Helen, your enthusiasm is contagious !!!

That lady was shot in Miami at a flea market ... she is a notoriously eccentric "semi-bag lady" with excellent taste for the cast-offs of others. Something we all may become if the ecomony sinks any further :cry: It was a M6 with a 21/2.8 pre-ASPH held clandestinely at chest level using hyper-focal distance focusing.

The milk bottles were shot years ago in London, I think it was done with a Leica CL with the CL90/4 ... a terrific little lens BTW.

N

nei1

Wouldnt it be nice to have a section for analogue cameras on the main menu where owners of other makes could join in,hope theyll join in any way,but a bit of pressure from everyone and maybe this could be a little more permanent.
Helen,with your wonderful enthusiasm Im sure you can bend Jack and Guys collective arm.
The toy in the photo was made by me as the last in what was a series of images,if I can find the rest Ill print them and show the series and you can make up your own mind.

Last edited:

Riccis

Oh my God! What amazing images. We will all get to this point if we live long enough but it seems amazing to me.

Thanks for sharing

Woody
Woody:

Thanks a lot for your kind comments. This is a couple with a very interesting life... I did a wedding in Mexico in 2007 and met them while driving through their town "El Triunfo", they were just sitting in front of their house. I talked to them for hours and they allowed me to take some portraits of them. This summer I went back to Mexico to shoot another wedding in Cabo and stopped by their town again, I was not expecting to see them alive since they live in pretty tough conditions, but believe it or not, they were sitting at their front porch just like the year before, it just broke my heart... I spent another couple of hours again with them and took this portraits I posted, they remembered me and told me that they may sell the house and finally move somewhere else.

I am going back to Mexico next summer to shoot another wedding and will stop by to see them again but I hope they moved somewhere else where someone can take better care of them... BTW, she states she's in her 60s, that should give you an idea on how tough their life is...

Cheers,

fotografz

Wouldnt it be nice to have a section for analogue cameras on the main menu where owners of other makes could join in,hope theyll join in any way,but a bit of pressure from everyone and maybe this could be a little more permanent.
Helen,with your wonderful enthusiasm Im sure you can bend Jack and Guys collective arm.
The toy in the photo was made by me as the last in what was a series of images,if I can find the rest Ill print them and show the series and you can make up your own mind.
I second that emotion. I shoot with a F6 and Zeiss ZF lenses & a H2F 645 and would love a place to pop on some shots.

Go get 'em Helen :thumbs:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm you folks are starting to hurt my arm. I will see what Jack thinks
Fine by me, but we really *DON'T* want to clog up the forum with tons of menu options. So can we do one "analog" camera section and let you manage the content via the titles of the individual threads?

Cheers,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
LOL you can thank Jack. He did it all, I guess you twisted his arm more.

I can smell the fixer already. Now I have to get a film scanner:D