Site Sponsors
Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 3122

Thread: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

  1. #1451
    tokengirl
    Guest

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    A windy day can leave you out of breath chasing your umbrella as it rolls down the beach...


  2. #1452
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Gorgeous colors, Claire! What film did you use?

    (I can't seem to get Ektar to look good.)

  3. #1453
    Senior Member helenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    'Gust of Wind' is DIVINE !!

    Maggie: what scanner are YOU using ?
    Quite IMPRESSED with your Technique & end Results....LOVELY !

  4. #1454
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Helen, I've got a Nikon Coolscan V ED. Michael bought it from Howard Eisemann over at the RFF and then Michael gave it to me! Thanks for the kind words!!!!

  5. #1455
    tokengirl
    Guest

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Gorgeous colors, Claire! What film did you use?

    (I can't seem to get Ektar to look good.)
    Thanks, it's Ektar. My first roll of the stuff, I was surprised at the saturation level of the colors, even before my adjustments in Lightroom.

  6. #1456
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    I bow down to your mastery of Ektar!

  7. #1457
    Senior Member M5-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Camby, Indiana
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    I bow down to your mastery of Ektar!
    +1 Exelent image...reminds me of Ft. Lauderdale, Fl... I miss S. Fla...

  8. #1458
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by helenhill View Post
    ...
    Coney Island Flyin High / 1970 50mm cron /trixrodinal
    Helen: Great photo. I like the stark, graphic quality of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post
    at a cafe, behind the counter
    Anthony: Great capture! Some days, i'd like to do that at work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Hm... Someone can't read? Nice catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Black Hat Would Look Cooler Than A Brown One! Nice Image Matt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Flood View Post
    Nice photo, Matt.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokengirl View Post
    Nothing wrong with the picture at all, sort of has a retro feel.
    Now about that gentleman with the cigarette who can't read...
    Lloyd/Steve/Cindy/Claire: Thank you! He's a very good street musician from Louisiana (no implications intended).

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  9. #1459
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post
    trix/tmax dev push 800
    Anthony: Another well timed capture. Good eye!

    Quote Originally Posted by tokengirl View Post
    I was at CVS today, when I remembered I had a roll of Ektar with me that needed processing. To develop the film only (no prints or scans), they wanted $2.19. So I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try. By the way, that $2.19 includes unlimited dust.

    I came home and started scanning. The colors were kind of funk-o-licious, so I brought them into Lightroom to funk them out a little more (and the clone tool makes quick work of the dust spots).

    I must say, this rangefinder business sure is different. It seems to be causing me to take all kinds of pictures I would never take with my dslr.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokengirl View Post
    A windy day can leave you out of breath chasing your umbrella as it rolls down the beach...
    claire: You use Florida light to your advantage! Funk-o-licious works. They're slightly edgy, hard, and lightened by the sun.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  10. #1460
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Claire & KHC...Film At It's Finest!

  11. #1461
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Thanks Matt and Steve for the love.

    here is one with 50 summicron velvia 50. not sure why it's a bit grainy at the shadow. Or it maybe a scanning problem.
    2 of my friends made this installation piece along the mississippi river. I had to took some images of it for my friend's work. We left it there, it was gone the next day.
    But here is a proof.

  12. #1462
    tokengirl
    Guest

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post

    I like this. It reminds me of those little magnets with words on them. I had a set on my filing cabinet in the office, and people would come by and assemble naughty little poems. Good times.

  13. #1463
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post
    Thanks Matt and Steve for the love.

    here is one with 50 summicron velvia 50. not sure why it's a bit grainy at the shadow. Or it maybe a scanning problem.
    2 of my friends made this installation piece along the mississippi river. I had to took some images of it for my friend's work. We left it there, it was gone the next day.
    But here is a proof.
    Anthony: Nice. Velvia 50's a funny film. It seems hypersensitive to backlight. Every roll, i shoot's a little different. When you hit it though, it's really beautiful.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  14. #1464
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Anthony: Nice. Velvia 50's a funny film. It seems hypersensitive to backlight. Every roll, i shoot's a little different. When you hit it though, it's really beautiful.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thank you, Matt.To be honest, This roll of velvia 50 turned out something different than I expected. I am still satisfied thought.

  15. #1465
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    The make of "HOT TEA"
    M6 50mm summicron
    Fuji Velvia 50 converted to BW
    He has been doing this for a couple year all over minneapolis.














  16. #1466
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post
    The make of "HOT TEA"
    M6 50mm summicron
    Fuji Velvia 50 converted to BW
    He has been doing this for a couple year all over minneapolis.













    Says they're all "currently unavailable".

  17. #1467
    Senior Member mathomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    I continue to enjoy and respect the photography displayed here. Thanks for posting, folks!

    I've started developing and scanning my own film, at home. Definitely a learning process! All following shot with Leica M2 and scanned with a PlusTek 7300 (good inexpensive film scanner, IMO).


    Vina Bicycle
    Zeiss 50mm Planar f/2
    Plus-X, Diafine 3+3



    Use Yer Heart
    Zeiss 35mm Biogon f/2
    Delta Pro 100, Diafine 3+3



    Near Dark
    Zeiss 50mm Planar f/2
    Delta Pro 100, Diafine 3+3

  18. #1468
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    I absolutely love the bike shot, Mike! Gorgeous photo of a gorgeous bike.

  19. #1469
    Senior Member mathomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Thanks Maggie :-)

    I'm something of a bicycle aficionado, but I was more focused on the photo than analyzing the bike itself while I was shooting it. The bike is a curiosity to me. It seems of quality, since it has a very fancy head tube (where the logo/badge is) and a brazed on pump peg. It's old, and uses spin-off quick releases for the wheels. I can't find a reference "Vina" on the web anywhere, though.

  20. #1470
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    I have not visited this place for some time. The quality on display is stunning.

    My apologies..It will take sometime to get thru all that is on show.

    I went to Montreal in February. They said I was mad! Everything and everybody
    goes underground.

    Wrong! I knew somethings were overground and going nowhere. I had visited
    them last year...






    I took my MP with the lux 50 asph. I remembered what had happened last year. I was taking no chances.

  21. #1471
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Mathomas, Very Nice Set! Love the Bruce Lee Trash Bin!

    Rayyan,,,Great Film! Nice To See You Here!

  22. #1472
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    Thanks Maggie :-)

    I'm something of a bicycle aficionado, but I was more focused on the photo than analyzing the bike itself while I was shooting it. The bike is a curiosity to me. It seems of quality, since it has a very fancy head tube (where the logo/badge is) and a brazed on pump peg. It's old, and uses spin-off quick releases for the wheels. I can't find a reference "Vina" on the web anywhere, though.
    Look at that fork crown- it's a beauty, too! Long reach sidepull brakes; this could be a Rivendell or an 90's Bridgestone, it's so nice. It looks like Vina might be a Vietnamese company.

    I love bicycles. Used to race and wrench on them, back in the early 1990's.

  23. #1473
    Senior Member mathomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Steve: Thank you! Yeah, I'm a sucker for street art, especially when piled-high junk is nearby :-).

    Maggie: Ahh, I see you're also an aficionado. I have two Rivendells, myself (QB and Bleriot). Yeah, those are ultra-long-reach sidepulls, looks like. Unfortnately, I was in "photo" mode, not "bike" mode when taking the picture, so I didn't look as closely at the components as I should have, or I'd be able to say more about this machine. The lovely bokeh of the Planar makes it near impossible to do after the fact :-).

    Interesting you found that site. Confusingly, though, it seems to be a demonstration site for some sort of shipping management software (that's my best guess, anyway).

    Thanks for your comments!

    Here's a digital (M8) shot I took alongside the film, so you can see the pretty color (which is what attracted me from the outset:


  24. #1474
    Senior Member mathomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    I have not visited this place for some time. The quality on display is stunning.

    My apologies..It will take sometime to get thru all that is on show.

    I went to Montreal in February. They said I was mad! Everything and everybody
    goes underground.

    Wrong! I knew somethings were overground and going nowhere. I had visited
    them last year...






    I took my MP with the lux 50 asph. I remembered what had happened last year. I was taking no chances.

    These are really gorgeously gritty photos. Love the tones. What was the film and process?

  25. #1475
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    Maggie: Ahh, I see you're also an aficionado. I have two Rivendells, myself (QB and Bleriot). Yeah, those are ultra-long-reach sidepulls, looks like. Unfortnately, I was in "photo" mode, not "bike" mode when taking the picture, so I didn't look as closely at the components as I should have, or I'd be able to say more about this machine. The lovely bokeh of the Planar makes it near impossible to do after the fact :-).

    Interesting you found that site. Confusingly, though, it seems to be a demonstration site for some sort of shipping management software (that's my best guess, anyway).

    Thanks for your comments!

    Here's a digital (M8) shot I took alongside the film, so you can see the pretty color (which is what attracted me from the outset:

    Man, that is gorgeous! Both the bike and the photo. That Planar plays well with the M8!

    I've got a Bridgestone MB-2 that I modded for racing and a Miyata 1400 road bike that I used to race, but both have been turned into less aggressive rides, as I'm a fat ol' broad now!

  26. #1476
    Senior Member mathomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Man, that is gorgeous! Both the bike and the photo. That Planar plays well with the M8!

    I've got a Bridgestone MB-2 that I modded for racing and a Miyata 1400 road bike that I used to race, but both have been turned into less aggressive rides, as I'm a fat ol' broad now!
    I'm sorry -- I should have noted this one was taken with the Zeiss 25mm Biogon f/2.8 (I'm a Zeiss guy, all the way ... well, except for an M-Hexanon and Nokton ).

  27. #1477
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Rayyan,,,Great Film! Nice To See You Here!
    Steve: Thanks Steve. Indeed a small world my friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    These are really gorgeously gritty photos. Love the tones. What was the film and process?
    Mike, appreciate your kind words. xp2, rated at 400. dropped it at a local
    supermarket--1 hr processing. Had a brownish tinge. threw a neutral silver efex pro at it.

    Regards.

  28. #1478
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    I
    I went to Montreal in February. They said I was mad! Everything and everybody
    goes underground.

    Wrong! I knew somethings were overground and going nowhere. I had visited
    them last year...






    I took my MP with the lux 50 asph. I remembered what had happened last year. I was taking no chances.
    Absolutely gorgeous photos. I especially like the middle one.

  29. #1479
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Says they're all "currently unavailable".
    bring 2 of them back.



  30. #1480
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post
    bring 2 of them back.
    Aha! There they are. Very nicely captured; great tones. That looks like patient work.

  31. #1481
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous photos. I especially like the middle one.
    Maggie: Much appreciated. Thank you.

  32. #1482
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    I have not visited this place for some time. The quality on display is stunning.

    My apologies..It will take sometime to get thru all that is on show.

    I went to Montreal in February. They said I was mad! Everything and everybody
    goes underground.

    Wrong! I knew somethings were overground and going nowhere. I had visited
    them last year...






    I took my MP with the lux 50 asph. I remembered what had happened last year. I was taking no chances.
    These really are gorgeous, Rayyan. And I'm especially impressed now that I discover you shot with XP2. I have used that film quite a bit, and lately have had very inconsistent results. Great work.

  33. #1483
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    Steve: Thank you! Yeah, I'm a sucker for street art, especially when piled-high junk is nearby :-).

    Maggie: Ahh, I see you're also an aficionado. I have two Rivendells, myself (QB and Bleriot). Yeah, those are ultra-long-reach sidepulls, looks like. Unfortnately, I was in "photo" mode, not "bike" mode when taking the picture, so I didn't look as closely at the components as I should have, or I'd be able to say more about this machine. The lovely bokeh of the Planar makes it near impossible to do after the fact :-).

    Interesting you found that site. Confusingly, though, it seems to be a demonstration site for some sort of shipping management software (that's my best guess, anyway).

    Thanks for your comments!

    Here's a digital (M8) shot I took alongside the film, so you can see the pretty color (which is what attracted me from the outset:

    What a beautiful shot, Mike. Man, you are rockin' that Zeiss 25. That lens really sings on the M8, as you've clearly demonstrated here!

  34. #1484
    Senior Member mathomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    What a beautiful shot, Mike. Man, you are rockin' that Zeiss 25. That lens really sings on the M8, as you've clearly demonstrated here!
    Thanks, Lloyd. It's the best lens I have. I am constantly impressed with the quality it produces. I only wish it were a 2.0 .

  35. #1485
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    These really are gorgeous, Rayyan. And I'm especially impressed now that I discover you shot with XP2. I have used that film quite a bit, and lately have had very inconsistent results. Great work.
    Lloyd: Thanks. I find that a +1 or +1.5 overexposure does me fine with
    the XP2. I prefer to rate it at box rather than at 200 or 250.

    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    Thanks, Lloyd. It's the best lens I have. I am constantly impressed with the quality it produces. I only wish it were a 2.0 .
    Mike: It is a super lens. And you seem to be working it mighty fine.

    Regards.

  36. #1486
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Some photos from the M2, loaded with Ektar and the 35/3.5 Summaron:

    America For Sale, May, 2010


    Pedestrian Tunnel, May, 2010


    Flying Fledgling, May, 2010


    Lower Dog Walk, May, 2010


    City of Lincoln, May, 2010


    Ektar is vexing. My next roll of the stuff is going in my F3, which has an excellent meter, so maybe it'll give me more consistent results than using the meter in my head with the M2.

  37. #1487
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Some photos from the M2, loaded with Ektar and the 35/3.5 Summaron:

    America For Sale, May, 2010


    Pedestrian Tunnel, May, 2010

    .
    Love these 2 Maggie!

  38. #1488
    Senior Member mathomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Some photos from the M2, loaded with Ektar and the 35/3.5 Summaron:

    ...clip...

    Pedestrian Tunnel, May, 2010


    ...clip...

    Love it! That's my kind of photo!

  39. #1489
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Love these 2 Maggie!
    Agreed. Great stuff, Maggie!

  40. #1490
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Thanks, guys! When the Ektar works, it works well, but I'm never quite sure how a shot is going to look, especially WRT colors.

  41. #1491
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    rayyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,883
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Love these 2 Maggie!
    Me too. Me 2!

  42. #1492
    tokengirl
    Guest

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    This is terrific!

  43. #1493
    tokengirl
    Guest

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post

    I really love the perspective of this one.

  44. #1494
    tokengirl
    Guest

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    Love it! That's my kind of photo!
    Ditto. It's like photographing a feeling.

  45. #1495
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by rayyan View Post
    Me too. Me 2!
    Quote Originally Posted by tokengirl View Post
    Ditto. It's like photographing a feeling.
    Rayyan, Claire; thank you so much!

    I was kind of down, because the rest of that roll of Ektar didn't turn out at all like I'd hoped, so it's good to know I got a couple of keepers from it.

  46. #1496
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Leica M7 + Fuji Pro 400S with 35mm v2 Summicron
    Central Park NYC








  47. #1497
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Great photos everyone! This is too enticing. I have a deadline; so, I'll have to be an adult (hard for me) and come back to this thread later. Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  48. #1498
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Maggie O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Standards Are Down All Over
    Posts
    3,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by drazin View Post
    Leica M7 + Fuji Pro 400S with 35mm v2 Summicron
    Central Park NYC
    All of them are lovely, but this one is particularly compelling to me for some reason. Nice work!

  49. #1499
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Mathomas, Very Nice Set! Love the Bruce Lee Trash Bin!
    Rayyan,,,Great Film! Nice To See You Here!
    Mike: +1, Beautiful bike photo. Also like the dumpster/stacked chairs. Looks like you got the processing down.
    rayyan: Very nice. The glaze of ice on the ships is great. Super pp. From your comment, i'm assuming the batteries in your camera last year ran out in the cold?


    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    Steve: Thank you! Yeah, I'm a sucker for street art, especially when piled-high junk is nearby.
    Maggie: Ahh, I see you're also an aficionado. I have two Rivendells, myself (QB and Bleriot). Yeah, those are ultra-long-reach sidepulls, looks like. Unfortnately, I was in "photo" mode, not "bike" mode when taking the picture, so I didn't look as closely at the components as I should have, or I'd be able to say more about this machine. The lovely bokeh of the Planar makes it near impossible to do after the fact.
    Interesting you found that site. Confusingly, though, it seems to be a demonstration site for some sort of shipping management software (that's my best guess, anyway).
    Thanks for your comments!
    Here's a digital (M8) shot I took alongside the film, so you can see the pretty color (which is what attracted me from the outset:
    Mike: I like the color one too. Excellent use of DOF.

    Quote Originally Posted by khc1013 View Post
    bring 2 of them back.
    Anthony: Great captures. The B&W PP's very good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    Some photos from the M2, loaded with Ektar and the 35/3.5 Summaron:
    America For Sale, May, 2010

    City of Lincoln, May, 2010
    Ektar is vexing. My next roll of the stuff is going in my F3, which has an excellent meter, so maybe it'll give me more consistent results than using the meter in my head with the M2.
    Maggie: These look good. Yeah, Ektar's fussy. I'll look for your F3 photos on the other thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by drazin View Post
    Leica M7 + Fuji Pro 400S with 35mm v2 Summicron
    Central Park NYC
    drazin: Well done! The distinctive Fuji greens are quite nice here.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  50. #1500
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis/Hong Kong
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

    back again. with some color.
    i was using a ND filter.... i felt that change the color a bit. it's not what I expected from velvia 50.




Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •