The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Scott G

Hi all, I've not been active here for some months. I have been crazy busy traveling for work. Last month I did a trip where I was in Baltimore on sunday, Frankfurt on monday, Paris on tuesday, Toronto on wednesday, and back home on friday :eek:. Actually I love it, but there is not much time for photography.

Last week I decided to go on vacation, and of course travel! I am becoming more and more aware that I have "been everywhere and seen nothing" as they say. So, I flew from Maryland to Phoenix, bought a car, and drove it back home -- 3,400 miles in 8 days, with stops in the Grand Canyon, New Mexico, Texas, New Orleans, Virginia, etc.

BTW I am blown away by just how amazing, varied, and beautiful this country is in terms of both landscape and people....:thumbup:

Here are some photos from along the way...

The new ride...Infiniti FX45 at the Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

I felt a little outgunned with a Leica until I saw all of the point and shoots

From a kooky (in a great way) place called Truth or Consequences New Mexico. It used to be called Hot Springs until they won a contest in the 50's to change their name to a popular TV game show:wtf:

A one stop shop. Get your land surveyed, grab a quick 'tat at Mo's, check in with the parole officer, and then some sleep at The Dude Motel.

Still scanning more film...

Lloyd

Hi all, I've not been active here for some months. I have been crazy busy traveling for work. Last month I did a trip where I was in Baltimore on sunday, Frankfurt on monday, Paris on tuesday, Toronto on wednesday, and back home on friday :eek:. Actually I love it, but there is not much time for photography.

Last week I decided to go on vacation, and of course travel! I am becoming more and more aware that I have "been everywhere and seen nothing" as they say. So, I flew from Maryland to Phoenix, bought a car, and drove it back home -- 3,400 miles in 8 days, with stops in the Grand Canyon, New Mexico, Texas, New Orleans, Virginia, etc.

BTW I am blown away by just how amazing, varied, and beautiful this country is in terms of both landscape and people....:thumbup:

Here are some photos from along the way...

The new ride...Infiniti FX45 at the Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

I felt a little outgunned with a Leica until I saw all of the point and shoots

From a kooky (in a great way) place called Truth or Consequences New Mexico. It used to be called Hot Springs until they won a contest in the 50's to change their name to a popular TV game show:wtf:

A one stop shop. Get your land surveyed, grab a quick 'tat at Mo's, check in with the parole officer, and then some sleep at The Dude Motel.

Still scanning more film...
Nice stuff, Scott (good to see you back around these parts). And a very nice ride you picked up too. (BTW, that last one is too dang funny!)

Scott G

Thanks Lloyd!

Here are some from New Orleans

Sax in the City

Cool Hog dude!

Hotel Lobby -- JW Marriott, 2 blocks from Bourbon St (thanks Marriott Rewards!)

Java Time

otumay

I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread as I'm new around here (the analog section, that is). I borrowed a friend's Voigtlander Bessa-T camera to test my Leica-M lenses; Elmarit 21mm and 24mm, Summicron 28mm and 75mm. Unfortunately, the films were not developed as good as I hoped for. I tried to save a few with a Nikon Coolscan 9000 and here are the results.
Best,
Osman

Porter at the vegetable market

Late for the rendezvous

Ferry on the Bosphorus

(l to r) Blue Mosque, St.Sophia, Topkapi Palace

Dad

helenhill

Scott: The Grand canyon show was Trs coool
looked like a the Tree was a cutout against the Canyon...Wonderful

Osman: The First and Last shot DO IT for me ....FAB
the light is lovely

Lloyd

I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread as I'm new around here (the analog section, that is). I borrowed a friend's Voigtlander Bessa-T camera to test my Leica-M lenses; Elmarit 21mm and 24mm, Summicron 28mm and 75mm. Unfortunately, the films were not developed as good as I hoped for. I tried to save a few with a Nikon Coolscan 9000 and here are the results.
Best,
Osman

Dad
Osman,

These are all good, I like something about every one of them, but this last one is special. Nicely done.

helenhill

Jim ,that Last Shot has such a Beautiful Old World Atmosphere...Charming

Just FANTASTIC, Charles
love the Tones ,Mood & Modern Age
even w/a retro lens !!!!

The GRANDE Size here looks TRES COOOL...Summitar Rocks !

ShiroKuro

Thanks Lloyd,
This lens was given to me by a good friend of mine which also belonged to his father .... I sent it off to DAG and it came back and now is one of my favorites for black&white ... Nice sometimes knowing the history of things ..