The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Steve! Glad you like the photos. There's something about 35mm...I am kind of rediscovering it these days after spending so much time shooting medium and large format, or 35mm digital. I have neglected 35mm film, which is really quite nice!

Leif -- sorry, I have not been around too much these days to comment, but I really liked your two photos. I love the stilted motion in the first one...the half-movement.

leif e

Stuart; thanks!
Your Icelandic landscapes are really beautiful - I´ve never been there, but your pictures confirm my ideas - formed by Snorre, Sigurd Roos, Laxness, Mar Gudmundsson and Indridasson. :)

leif e

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Couple of Train related pics....

Alpa TC 45 APo Grandagon Acros 100

Old Steam Train Cab:

Caboose:

Turntable:

Bob

Stuart Richardson

Thanks very much Leif! It's nice to be mentioned in the same breath as those guys!

Bob -- I love that first photo. It is a great look at the old-school technology that ran these machines. Such great texture in the knobs, dials and rivets...

docmoore

Lloyd and Stuart,

Thanks much.

I do imagine that there was a lot of knob twisting in those days!

Bob

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Couple of Train related pics....

Alpa TC 45 APo Grandagon Acros 100

Old Steam Train Cab:

Caboose:

Turntable:

Bob
Bob, I love old trains, cars, boats. These are all very nice. My favorite is #1. I love the tones on the old dials and gauges. #3 also caught my interest because I have never seen a turntable before.

docmoore

Bob, I love old trains, cars, boats. These are all very nice. My favorite is #1. I love the tones on the old dials and gauges. #3 also caught my interest because I have never seen a turntable before.
Cindy,

First I have seen and I worked as a brakeman for the KCS-MR railroad in the late 70s....

Bob

rayyan

Lloyd..thank you for the wonderful comment. I have found your wonderful
work in these forums and my apologies if I cannot comment on each of those.

But have to start somewhere..wonderful subjects, captures, and presentation.
Lovely..shall be studying them for a long time.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones.