The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

T

tokengirl

Have been enjoying the photos here.

I've just (re)discovered the joys of film after a good 12 years away from it (not to mention discovering the joys of shooting a film 'M' -- way nicer than my M8). I'm shooting B&W and doing lab dev/scans. Not sure I have the time and/or inclination to do it myself.

Sure is nice to use my lenses on a "full frame" camera :).

1. Zeiss 50mm Planar
2. Voigtlander 35mm Nokton f/1.4 SC
3. Voigtlander 35mm Nokton f/1.4 SC

All on Plus-X loaded in an M2.
These are great, I especially love the last one - the reflection of the car is perfect.

T

tokengirl

Ok, so if you want the stuff you shoot with your M to look like you used a pinhole camera and printed on corrugated cardboard, the Epson Artisan 810 multifunction machine is the scanner for you!!! :p

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I like the randomness of the texture. It looks like you printed them on linen. The subjects are interesting.

BTW, I want to see more dog shoes.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

m_driscoll

Ok, so if you want the stuff you shoot with your M to look like you used a pinhole camera and printed on corrugated cardboard, the Epson Artisan 810 multifunction machine is the scanner for you!!! :p

Claire: Nice photos. Like them all; but these two appeal to me. The first for the soft curve to the trail and the hint of something in the distance. The second for the geometry of the path,grass, sea and lights (?) contrasted against the natural form of the runner.

My guess is that you probably don't want all of your photos to have this texture? It's slightly like something an inkjet printer does when it's running out of ink. How do you actually scan the negatives with that printer? Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Vibrant color & nice compositions Matt! # 1 for me!
My thoughts exactly! :thumbup:
Am definitely going to have to break out of B&W and try Ektar. Great examples, Matt! I especially like the selective shot of the neon signs and window.
Matt, which Lens did you use here? I never ever saw such a fantastic rendering and 3D-look :thumbs:
Yogi
Steve/Lloyd/Mathomas/Yogi: Gentlemen, Thank you.
Steve/Lloyd: I like the way she's chimping over her designer shades. Anybody recognize the camera?
Mathomas: And, I've been shooting more B & W. Ektar is a pretty fantastic film.
Yogi: I'll have to look at the other photos on the roll and see if i can figure out which lens. The IQ on that one was exceptional (camera/lens/film).

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

T

tokengirl

My guess is that you probably don't want all of your photos to have this texture? It's slightly like something an inkjet printer does when it's running out of ink. How do you actually scan the negatives with that printer? Cheers, Matt
Just plop the negs down on the glass, close the lid, and start scanning. It's a pretty low tech temporary solution. :D

I shot a roll of Fuji Reala last weekend, I asked the lab for a picture CD, and while it's not perfect, it's a WHOLE LOT better than my MacGuyer solution.

Lloyd

Just plop the negs down on the glass, close the lid, and start scanning. It's a pretty low tech temporary solution. :D

I shot a roll of Fuji Reala last weekend, I asked the lab for a picture CD, and while it's not perfect, it's a WHOLE LOT better than my MacGuyer solution.
That's a great shot, Claire.