The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Most recent roll of Ektar
M4-P and CV 28 f/1.9
Park

The next are with my M4-P and "new" 35 f/3.5 Summaron (Inspired by Maggie)
1917 Minneapolis Steam Belt Tractor (16 ton!)

Tractor Wheel

Ringing the old Bell

Last edited:

khc1013

Hi all,

I have be lurking around here for awhile. This is my first real post on dpi. Would like to share some image with you all. I hope you all will enjoy it. cheers.

these are taken with M6TTL.85 with 50mm summicron

Lloyd

Hi all,

I have be lurking around here for awhile. This is my first real post on dpi. Would like to share some image with you all. I hope you all will enjoy it. cheers.

]
Great "first real post"!:salute: Glad you're with us; looking forward to more!

T

tokengirl

Most recent roll of Ektar

I love how this has a kind of "vintage faded photo" look that really matches the subject matter. Did you do something special in PP, or did it just come out that way?

I have a roll of Ektar in my bag, and I'm trying to figure out how i want to use it. But I'm having a hard time pinpointing it's "look", as the results I've seen with it seem to be all over the board. The best I can tell is that it's not at it's best at high noon on a sunny day. What do you like about it, when do you use it?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I love how this has a kind of "vintage faded photo" look that really matches the subject matter. Did you do something special in PP, or did it just come out that way?

I have a roll of Ektar in my bag, and I'm trying to figure out how i want to use it. But I'm having a hard time pinpointing it's "look", as the results I've seen with it seem to be all over the board. The best I can tell is that it's not at it's best at high noon on a sunny day. What do you like about it, when do you use it?
This was a bright, but cloudy day. I really didn't have to do anything in post except de-saturate a little. The colors were just a little too intense right out of the bag. I desaturated mostly the red and slightly in the green and a very tiny overall desaturate.

Ektar seems to demand the exposure to be right on. If not, the colors seem to shift. I have been using Ektar about 90% of the time that I use color (135 and 120) for the last year.

I sent a roll of 135 to Walgreens for development and had the prints made, just to see how they printed at a lab (if you can call it that). They were shots from the Red Canyon in Utah. They came back with the sky a most hideous color and the red rock was way too red, so I think Ektar tends to be pretty highly saturated. I scanned those negs and they came out beautiful. If exposed right, the colors can be tweaked...and it doesn't take a lot of post...mostly just a little tweak to bring the colors in line.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hi all,

Very nice first post. Glad to have you join in. All are excellent, but third is my favorite.

khc1013

Thank you all for the love and warm welcoming.

here is a set taken with my beloved Summitar on some 20 years old expired fuji 100 i think

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

here is a set taken with my beloved Summitar on some 20 years old expired fuji 100 i think

This set is just gorgeous. I love the rendering of the summitar!!!!
Keep them coming.

Where is this??!! Is this in Minnesota??

I like the retro look very much.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin hosted the Foot of the Lake re-enactment over the weekend at Galloway House and this Steam Belt Tractor was there.
My husband remembers stories of his grandpa going with threshing crews from Kansas to Canada and back to Wisconsin in his younger day. They worked with a tractor like this. These things only go about 2 MPH down the road.
I believe that the Minneapolis on the tank was the manufacturer...later the company became Minneapolis Moline.

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Some great stuff here! I really like those last shots khc, and Leif, those shots from the game are great. I love the perspective of the 21/4.5...when I saw it I was wondering if you were using the 21mm f/3.4 super angulon, because it had that great old time, yet zero distortion look. It's good to see the 21/4.5 keeps up that same look. Too bad of course that it does not work very well on the M9...

Don Hutton

Some great stuff here! I really like those last shots khc, and Leif, those shots from the game are great. I love the perspective of the 21/4.5...when I saw it I was wondering if you were using the 21mm f/3.4 super angulon, because it had that great old time, yet zero distortion look. It's good to see the 21/4.5 keeps up that same look. Too bad of course that it does not work very well on the M9...
Works perfectly using Cornerfix.... Because of it's excellent characteristics (tiny, super sharp and distortion free), it's the one lens I am prepared to use a clunky solution like cornerfix for the M9.

khc1013

Ahhh... i wish I could join the conversation on the M9....
not anytime soon i guess.... but the 21mm focal length is something on my list that I would like to try out. Would love to see more of them :D

Is old style 21mm lenses work really that bad on M9?

Thanks

Works perfectly using Cornerfix.... Because of it's excellent characteristics (tiny, super sharp and distortion free), it's the one lens I am prepared to use a clunky solution like cornerfix for the M9.

khc1013

Thanks for the info cindy. :)

I love the Summitar. It's on its way home from DAG.

now hope you will be interested in this. this set with a theme.
pardon me for the bad scan and bad negative.
and hope this is not too much for you all.
enjoy.

anthony

Maggie O

Anthony, those are some gorgeous frames you've posted!!!

Cindy, congrats of the wee Leica lens- you're using it well!!!

T

tokengirl

These are all just stunning. The colors are really beautiful!

T

tokengirl

The Man in Brown brought me an Epson V750 this afternoon. I've been playing around a little just to get to know it, and I must say, I am not at all disappointed. The SilverFast software is definitely better for B&W than the Epson software, although the Epson software is much easier to use. The SilverFast UI is clunky at best.

Tri-X in Rodinal: