The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Let's have a thread for film M's!

M5, 85mm Summarex f/1.5, XP2

Little girl feeding pigeons

Lake Havasu City

kinok1

Re: How about more and more fun with Leica M?

M6 Classic. 28 Elmarit. 50mm Summilux Pre-asph.
Porta 160 NC

d_brown

Greetings to all. These were shot with an M3 with 50 Cron or 85 Nikkor on Ilford FP3 at the downtown street market 50 years ago.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Kinok, Helen, D Brown: Thanks for joining in and inspiring.

D Brown, Welcome to the forum. Your photos are beautiful and timeless. Please tell us more about the origin of these photos.

woodyspedden

Let's have a thread for film M's!

M5, 85mm Summarex f/1.5, XP2

Little girl feeding pigeons

Lake Havasu City
Cindy

I am so happy to see you posting images from your 85 summarex. I will be posting some from mine tomorrow. This is a very special lens and for me much better than the 90 APO which is certainly a wonderful piece of glass.

Let's all of us celebrate the old Leica looks

Woody

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Cindy

I am so happy to see you posting images from your 85 summarex. I will be posting some from mine tomorrow. This is a very special lens and for me much better than the 90 APO which is certainly a wonderful piece of glass.

Let's all of us celebrate the old Leica looks

Woody
Thanks, Woody. The Summarex is magic. I love the OOF rendering.
It is a beautiful lens and mine makes quite a statement on the M5.:ROTFL:

helenhill

D Brown:
Tres Coooool .... Old World Charm at its best Love the Tones

Cindy:
Fab.... a Picturesque Lakeside with the background of Mountains looking like cut outs

Kinok1:
love the Dancing Ray of Light

Best - H

Tim Gray

kinok1: Did you do some photoshopping on those photos? Very high contrast, low saturation, and grainy - like beach bypass. I like the look, just curious if you played around some either in exposing, developing, or photoshop. Very different from what I've gotten from Portra 160.

CV 15mm and Portra 400NC:

(my brand new) 50 ASPH Lux and Tri-X:

Nikkor 50/1.4 and Tri-X:

kinok1

kinok1: Did you do some photoshopping on those photos? Very high contrast, low saturation, and grainy - like beach bypass. I like the look, just curious if you played around some either in exposing, developing, or photoshop. Very different from what I've gotten from Portra 160.

CV 15mm and Portra 400NC:

(my brand new) 50 ASPH Lux and Tri-X:

Nikkor 50/1.4 and Tri-X:

Slight desaturation and a contrast boost in lightroom. I've been a lurker here on this forum for a long time. Love the people and the information. Always good. I've been shooting more and more film both personally and professionally, and a big thanks to Cindy for starting this thread!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Slight desaturation and a contrast boost in lightroom. I've been a lurker here on this forum for a long time. Love the people and the information. Always good. I've been shooting more and more film both personally and professionally, and a big thanks to Cindy for starting this thread!
kinok1, You are welcome. I had already loaded up my M5 with some Porta 160 before I started this thread. Your beautiful photos have made me anxious to finish the roll. I haven't shot any color for a while.

W

weinglas

Wonderful images.

Now i have to buy a Film M, just to post some images here ;)

Regards,
Claus

@Kinok1: Your fotos are beautiful. Very stylish.

Peter Klein

This is from a camera store in Victoria, BC, Canada in 2004. Probably M4-P and a 35/2 Summicron almost wide open, Kodak ISO 400 film converted to B&W.
--Peter

Last edited:

Riccis

Mexico - Leica M7, 35 Summilux ASPH, Neopan 100... This is a crappy scan from a print I did on the darkroom.