The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

woodyspedden

MWalker/Michael: WOW ...Love it Michael / You give Chicago Great Atmosphere !

JPlomley/Jeff: It was starting to rain quite hard
needless to say I took that shot FAST
so the OOF is Lovely but would have preferred the mailbox sharper
and I do AGREE the Colors & rendering are Quite Lovely !!

I look Forward to work more w/ this lens
(my FAV though is still my 50 Lux)

I am thinking about the Zeiss 25mm ......has ANYONE tried it ???

Cheers!- H ;)
Helen

I owned it and loved it but using Zeiss lenses on the M8 is a PITA. You probably will have to get Zeiss to send you a new mount in order to bring up the proper frame lines and then have John Milich (or another machinist if you like) mill the indents for six bit coding (and with the 25 you need to have it coded.)

On the other hand it works superbly on the M film bodies (I used it with both the M3 and M7). Plus it's price, compared to the Leica 24 Elmarit, is within reach of us mere mortals. Of course the new Leica 24 super elmar is more worldly priced but still almost $2500 so again the Zeiss is far more accessible.

JMHO

Woody

N

nei1

London to Brighton run,americans among the winners,what was the world coming too.Taken many years ago.

Leica M4 or m4p or m4-2 with a 50mm summicron I think or a 35mm

helenhill

Sometimes I Love the Grain & Grit of B&W & the Mood it portrays in Life
so here Goes......:p neopan 1600 /rod / M2

Last edited:

JPlomley

Wandering the back-alleys of Montreal and came across this self-proclaimed rock star :clap:

M7 + 35 Cron Asph
TMY-2 in Xtol

Last edited:

JPlomley

And then one last film change to Portra-160NC with the hope of popping into a local pub for a brewsky, and Killer here would have nothing of it :toocool:

Ah, a day in the life of an M7!

~ Jeff