The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

helenhill

Seventies indeed! Great shot. I've got a neighbor caught in that time warp too. Check him out here.
:
Heads Up....Lloyd You WIN for best Fro Portrait ...Tres Cooool
He Looks GREAT!!

Scott Spot on...LOL... We are still Living the Seventies...:ROTFL:

We need a Pix of Sly Stone,Jimmy Hendrix & LennY Kravitz sporting a good Do
:clap::clap:

Scott G

My theory is that all of these 70's lookalikes are space aliens who think they are blending in, but don't realize that they are emulating the wrong decade.

Their mother ship is orbiting above, disguised as a purple Cadillac convertible, with fuzzy dice hanging from the windshield, and 8 Track tapes are strewn all over the velour covered seats. Meanwhile captured earthling minions are being forced to re-enact scenes from CHiPS and the 6 Million Dollar Man.

I think I may have had a little too much caffeine this morning :eek:

Lloyd

My theory is that all of these 70's lookalikes are space aliens who think they are blending in, but don't realize that they are emulating the wrong decade.

Their mother ship is orbiting above, disguised as a purple Cadillac convertible, with fuzzy dice hanging from the windshield, and 8 Track tapes are strewn all over the velour covered seats. Meanwhile captured earthling minions are being forced to re-enact scenes from CHiPS and the 6 Million Dollar Man.

I think I may have had a little too much caffeine this morning :eek:
:ROTFL:I think you're on to something.:ROTFL:

helenhill

I LOVE the Fourth One SCOTT
but Are YOU sure thats not a contacting setup for the Aliens.....:toocool:

Cheers-H

Scott G

Helen, you might be right, they seem to be multiplying....:grin: Luckily I keep my walls covered with aluminum foil :thumbs:

Last edited:

Y Sol

Hello,
this is a shot I made some years ago in Belgium with the Leica CL and 35mm summicron on Kodak Tri-x.

Last edited:

helenhill

Helen, you might be right, they seem to be multiplying....:grin: Luckily I keep my walls covered with aluminum foil :thumbs:

Your Wonderful Scott...Stay on the same Meds.....:ROTFL:

Jeff - that pix is Wonderful & MOODY...Did YOU add a touch of Vignetting which I ADORE or did it happen naturally so to speak w/the Cron ??

Best-H

JPlomley

Thanks Helen. The vignetting was added in post. But the 35 Cron Asph does vignette slightly wide open and is pretty much absent by f/4.0.

Scott G

Helen, I think we are going to need those troops SOON.

Look, all of this recent talk about aliens is fine and good, but look what appeared in my photo today!! :wtf: Is that a space ship hovering above the smokestacks or what??:bugeyes:

It may be pure coincidence, but just before I took that photo, I noticed these two talking to a "camera", but perhaps in reality :shocked: giving landing coordinates to the mothership?

helenhill

SCOTT: :eek::eek::eek: Are we the only TWO who are AWARE of the imminent Danger our Planet now Confronts
Call the President immediately...I'll get Leon Panetta on the Phone
I will show them the Evidence....:thumbs:

Great Shots BTW- :) H

Scott G

I was able to capture some of the responses before I got out of Dodge.

Some panicked:

The Brainiacs debated the relative merits of the Pythagorean Theorem vis a vis Archimedes Principle, then got distracted by shiny things on the ceiling...

Others seemed not to notice