The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Don Hutton

I've been experimenting with Ilford Pan F in a Glycine developer - really nice combination IMO - excellent tonality. Here's a shot of my daughter with the 75mm 'cron wide open...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Wow, Don. In addition to your daughter being beautiful, the photo is just lovely. I sat back from my computer and looked at it again. No digital photo has tones like that (to me anyway.)

Lloyd

I've been experimenting with Ilford Pan F in a Glycine developer - really nice combination IMO - excellent tonality. Here's a shot of my daughter with the 75mm 'cron wide open...
That really is quite wonderful tonality... and a great portrait. Your daughter has beautiful eyes.

Don Hutton

Many thanks Cindy and Lloyd. Despite an assortment of digital tools, I reach for film as often as possible... and do believe it offers more of what I want than digital capture.

Stuart Richardson

Very, very lovely Don. Both the tones and the portrait -- I love the expression -- it is a very adult expression...she looks wise beyond her years.

mikel

Very nice Don. I also find her expression interesting, at first I thought it was exasperation (something I see on my family members whenever I have a camera), and then more of a wry humor look, and then just a nice expression.

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
Wow, Don. In addition to your daughter being beautiful, the photo is just lovely. I sat back from my computer and looked at it again. No digital photo has tones like that (to me anyway.)
I total agree with what Cindy said. It's just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

O

Oxide Blu

Ditto Cindy -- WOW!!!

Your picture, William, is why we still shoot film. :thumbs: Thanks for sharing it.