The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

jonoslack

That's a beauty. Love the contrast. Looks like the ice has melted, eh?
Most of it has - there's still six inches on the pool (except for the bit you jump in to from the sauna).

Poor Blue (the dog) his solitary life is about to be devastated by a 7 week old Bergère des Pyrénées puppy on Thursday (our lives as well!).

all the best

helenhill

Well Jono....
could NOT believe my EYES... Vous et Film...:eek:

GORGEOUS shots of the Boys & Blue !!!!
xo- H
:clap:

gero

Helen, that is about the best noctilux picture I´v seen.

Eather everybody is getting too good or I´m getting week.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jono, I meant the Pyrénées. I'm sure we will be treated to some wonderful puppy shots soon. He/she is certainly cute.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Two from Sunday. M4-P, Voigtlander 50 f/1.1, Kodak Ektar100

A family strolling along the canal

Dog drama at the swap meet

jonoslack

Cindy
I love the dog shot.
ours is confirmed for a Friday pickup . . . . but it's a 6 hour drive . . . each way!!!

Concentration:

M7 50 'lux HP5

This one needed another bash (at least, I thought so).

It was THIS big

M7, 50 lux HP5

O

Oxide Blu

i'm now going to throw myself into finding out about doing
Silver gelatin on Glass....tres Artful approach

Helen, if you are thinking of printing B&W on emulsion fixed to glass, I have explored doing that about 15-years ago. Somehow, at that time, I got this idea I needed to be making my own (liquid) emulsions -- but that's another story. :D

Anyway, to get emulsion to adhere to glass is not easy, requires the glass to have a 'tooth'. Even then it is fragile. On photo paper the emulsion works in and around the fibers, is more durable. Some absolutely exquisite photo printing on glass was done by an engineer in Seattle, forget his name. :mad: A lot of glass foundries in that area. He molded/poured his own glass, made his own emulsion, and printed (exposed/dev'd) on these very heavy glass blocks/sculptures. They were back lit. He molded recesses in the glass for the areas to be printed on. This created a wonderful dynamic but also protected the fragile emulsion. In a nutshell, you need to do something akin to sand blasting the area of glass you want the emulsion to stick to, and then have some way of protecting the print. Not sure but I can see humidity being a possible issue, too.

You can achieve similar result by printing on resin sheets (make yourself). Since resin is softer than glass you can sand it yourself to get the tooth necessary for the emulsion to adhere.

Gosh, I hope I didn't misunderstand what you meant by "printing on glass". :D

helenhill

ouch OXIDE BLUE...sounds INTENSE !!!
lovely of YOU to explain...THANK YOU !!!

one of my Clients has a Beautiful photograph on thin etched glass glass
so i will try and track own the artist /gallery and
see what they have done....

CINDY: love your photos w/ the Nokton
Do You have any B&W to post wide open ...Thanx in advance if you can

JONO: I know the M9 must be FAB but Film still RULES...lush rich blks in your photos and the Light Dances !

GERO:very Kind of You, Cheers & Thanx !

Best- h

gero

Helen, if you are thinking of printing B&W on emulsion fixed to glass, I have explored doing that about 15-years ago. Somehow, at that time, I got this idea I needed to be making my own (liquid) emulsions -- but that's another story. :D

Anyway, to get emulsion to adhere to glass is not easy, requires the glass to have a 'tooth'. Even then it is fragile. On photo paper the emulsion works in and around the fibers, is more durable. Some absolutely exquisite photo printing on glass was done by an engineer in Seattle, forget his name. :mad: A lot of glass foundries in that area. He molded/poured his own glass, made his own emulsion, and printed (exposed/dev'd) on these very heavy glass blocks/sculptures. They were back lit. He molded recesses in the glass for the areas to be printed on. This created a wonderful dynamic but also protected the fragile emulsion. In a nutshell, you need to do something akin to sand blasting the area of glass you want the emulsion to stick to, and then have some way of protecting the print. Not sure but I can see humidity being a possible issue, too.

You can achieve similar result by printing on resin sheets (make yourself). Since resin is softer than glass you can sand it yourself to get the tooth necessary for the emulsion to adhere.

Gosh, I hope I didn't misunderstand what you meant by "printing on glass". :D
That´s culture.