The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

m_driscoll

Looks like your scan operator has a very good profile for the Ektar-100 Matt. Unfortunately, when I upgraded to the newest version of Silverfast for my CS 9000ED, the profile for Ektar-100 failed to show up in Negafix! Tres annoying...
JPlomley: Interesting. I have a Epson VP750 and it's in the Negafix for that scanner. Of course, I don't remember if I sent those to CA or did them in Seattle.

Thanks Matt! The wheel is the under part of the new umbrella that goes into our backyard table for barbecues....I like to think of that shot as creative nonsense :rolleyes::D!
Steve: It worked! Elicited a response and had me curious.

Love it all!!!!
Cindy: Thank you!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

JPlomley

JPlomley: Interesting. I have a Epson VP750 and it's in the Negafix for that scanner. Of course, I don't remember if I sent those to CA or did them in Seattle.
Hmmm. Matt, did you uninstall the previous version of Silverfast before upgrading to the newest version?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hmmm. Matt, did you uninstall the previous version of Silverfast before upgrading to the newest version?
There are several different versions on Silverfast. I was using the Silverfast SE on my V700, but went back to Vuescan when I got the Nikon 9000. I really like Silverfast, but already owned the pro Vuescan and it is good with many different scanners. Silverfast would have required me to buy a scanner specific version for the 9000.
The customer service for Silverfast is excellent. They answer emails right away. You might want to ask them about the Ektar profile for your version.

JPlomley

Cheers Cindy. Just to clarify, I'm using Silverfast AI Studio which is the turbo-charged version, so I'm a bit miffed that when I went from v6.4 to v6.6r7 the supposed Ektar-100 profile was missing. I do have Vuescan as well...perhaps its time to give that a try. Although I really do like the Multiple Exposure (ME) function of Silverfast for B&W neg scanning.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cheers Cindy. Just to clarify, I'm using Silverfast AI Studio which is the turbo-charged version, so I'm a bit miffed that when I went from v6.4 to v6.6r7 the supposed Ektar-100 profile was missing. I do have Vuescan as well...perhaps its time to give that a try. Although I really do like the Multiple Exposure (ME) function of Silverfast for B&W neg scanning.
Vuescan has been doing a good job with Ektar. I do like Silverfast, but just didn't want to spend any extra on another program right now (after the pricey 9000 purchase).
I contacted Silverfast about releasing my serial number for the new owner of my V700 scanner and they were super-quick to respond and comply. It might be worth an email just to let them know that you are disappointed to not have the Ektar profile.

m_driscoll

This is the Ilford film that the lab said they were seeing some rolls with bad emulsion. The processed film was really washed out. I liked some of the photos so these have been rescued (somewhat). Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M7; Ilford HP5

2. M7; Ilford HP5

T

tokengirl

Lots of amazing images on this thread! I have some catching up to do...

Proudly presenting... my first film photo in almost 25 years. I developed the film myself earlier this evening, and stuck it in my Epson Artisan 810 multi-function machine (because that's all I have for the next couple of weeks). It's definitely not a film scanner... :eek:

M6 & CV Nokton 35mm f1.2, Tri-X

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Lots of amazing images on this thread! I have some catching up to do...

Proudly presenting... my first film photo in almost 25 years. I developed the film myself earlier this evening, and stuck it in my Epson Artisan 810 multi-function machine (because that's all I have for the next couple of weeks). It's definitely not a film scanner... :eek:

M6 & CV Nokton 35mm f1.2, Tri-X
Claire, Congratulations on the new gear and also on the successful development.

mathomas

Have been enjoying the photos here.

I've just (re)discovered the joys of film after a good 12 years away from it (not to mention discovering the joys of shooting a film 'M' -- way nicer than my M8). I'm shooting B&W and doing lab dev/scans. Not sure I have the time and/or inclination to do it myself.

Sure is nice to use my lenses on a "full frame" camera :).

1. Zeiss 50mm Planar
2. Voigtlander 35mm Nokton f/1.4 SC
3. Voigtlander 35mm Nokton f/1.4 SC

All on Plus-X loaded in an M2.

m_driscoll

Have been enjoying the photos here.

I've just (re)discovered the joys of film after a good 12 years away from it (not to mention discovering the joys of shooting a film 'M' -- way nicer than my M8). I'm shooting B&W and doing lab dev/scans. Not sure I have the time and/or inclination to do it myself.

Sure is nice to use my lenses on a "full frame" camera :).

1. Zeiss 50mm Planar
2. Voigtlander 35mm Nokton f/1.4 SC
3. Voigtlander 35mm Nokton f/1.4 SC

All on Plus-X loaded in an M2.
Mathomas: Nicely done. Great look in that first one. Nice use of DOF in the second. Cool reflection in the third. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt.