The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

leif e

There´s a lot to be said in favor of spring. After a long, hard (well ...) winter, it´s great fun to go orienteering again (you can see the wife´s happy at the first post clipping of the season), it´s nice to see there´s hope for blueberries this year as well (even on the old stub) and that the snow hasn´t broke much really.:D

M4-P, CV 2,5/35mm and Kodak BW400CN

leif e

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Matt, The bridge looks massive from that POV. Nice shot.

Leif, I agree that your photo of your wife is really nice. She is a very pretty lady. Nice set.

m_driscoll

Leif,Beautiful Smile On Your Lovely Wife & Excellent High Contrast Set!
Agreed... on all counts. Very nice.
Matt, The bridge looks massive from that POV. Nice shot.

Leif, I agree that your photo of your wife is really nice. She is a very pretty lady. Nice set.
Leif: +1, +1, +1. Nice photos. Your wife does look happy to be out in the woods.
Cindy: Thank you.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

mathomas

There´s a lot to be said in favor of spring. After a long, hard (well ...) winter, it´s great fun to go orienteering again (you can see the wife´s happy at the first post clipping of the season), it´s nice to see there´s hope for blueberries this year as well (even on the old stub) and that the snow hasn´t broke much really.:D

M4-P, CV 2,5/35mm and Kodak BW400CN

leif e
Leif,

Love the look you're getting with that lens and film. I'm back to film after a long absence. Have shot several rolls of Plus-X, half a roll of Delta 100, which I had to pull out to load some Tri-X today (for some indoor shooting). This BW400CN looks very nice. Do you find you need an ND filter outdoors, though, with that speed?

leif e

Leif,

Love the look you're getting with that lens and film. I'm back to film after a long absence. Have shot several rolls of Plus-X, half a roll of Delta 100, which I had to pull out to load some Tri-X today (for some indoor shooting). This BW400CN looks very nice. Do you find you need an ND filter outdoors, though, with that speed?
Using the Kodak version was a bit of a coincidence, actually. Since I tried the Fuji offering in BW C41, I´m an absolute fan; Neopan 400 CN. Still, both the Kodak and Ilford´s XP2 are great (even if there´s been complaints about the quality of the Ilford base lately - said to be scratching very easily).

And; yes, I have been thinking of an ND filter or two, but have managed without so far - stopping down.

Btw; the contrast in a couple of these (esp. the stub) came out stronger on the web than I wanted.

leif e

Lloyd

Guitar and accordian doing Pink Floyd! Dog hanging out. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt
Wonderful color, and terrific clarity. I'm impressed with how well it holds the highlight detail in that last shot. You might well expect the dog to be blown out. Are you doing much adjusting after the film is digitized?

m_driscoll

Wonderful color, and terrific clarity. I'm impressed with how well it holds the highlight detail in that last shot. You might well expect the dog to be blown out. Are you doing much adjusting after the film is digitized?
Lloyd: Thanks. No, actually less then with digital (part need and part conscious decision). I tweaked in LR2 (- exposure and adjustment brush to lighten the dog's hair and tongue back to where it was), little noise reduction in Nik Define 2.0, back to LR2, post crop, and export to Zenfolio. Interestingly, with the M9, I have more trouble getting the right exposure at this same spot with the light background and the darker musicians. This is my first shoot with this film. I believe that i have the Kodak Portra 800 in the M7 now.

Matt...Your Probably Tired Of Hearing This But....Awesome Film Work! Like the Light On The Dog!
Steve: Thank you!! The light had a little help.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Here's a couple more. The singer to the right's face was slightly blown out. Probably just outside the metering? Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt
Really nice. I like the subtle tones. Excellent DR. (Thanks for the explanation above, BTW).