The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Maggie O

So, I did my own scan of some of the farmer's market pix and here they are:

Wise Oven Bakery, Old Cheney Farmers' Market, May 9, 2010

Wandering Children, Old Cheney Farmers' Market, May 9, 2010

Here's some Coolscan-scanned Ektar shots from Saturday:

MCB At Pioneers Park, May, 2010

Photographing The Columns At Pioneers Park, May, 2010

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Maggie, Your scans rock. I love the Ektar color and I can see a huge difference in the market pictures. Look back at the man in the beret (his face, his hand), the highlight control. You did a great job massaging those drugstore scans, but your scan is much better.

Maggie O

Thanks, Cindy! I really like how they all came out.

I was really impressed with what the Nikon scanner could do; I'm gonna stick with it or something similar from now on.

m_driscoll

Maggie, Your scans rock. I love the Ektar color and I can see a huge difference in the market pictures. Look back at the man in the beret (his face, his hand), the highlight control. You did a great job massaging those drugstore scans, but your scan is much better.
Maggie: +1. Your scans are much better then Walgreen's! They're a lot smoother. I like your Ektar photos too; especially the one of MCB. I didn't know the Greeks had been to Lincoln? Could be the Romans that visited; but, i think those are Greek Ionic column. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

M5-Guy

Here are some images from my 1st rolls with my M5. I only had it a few weeks at this point.

50mm f/1.1 Nokton

50mm f/1.1 Nokton

50mm f/1.1 Nokton a few weeks later

35mm f/1.4 Nokton SC

Hope these are 1st time posts on the images...

shtarka1

So, I did my own scan of some of the farmer's market pix and here they are:]

Wandering Children, Old Cheney Farmers' Market, May 9, 2010

Here's some Coolscan-scanned Ektar shots from Saturday:

Here are some images from my 1st rolls with my M5. I only had it a few weeks at this point.

35mm f/1.4 Nokton SC

Hope these are 1st time posts on the images...
Excellent work!

Maggie O

Snipped images...
Great ones Maggie
I'll have to try Ektar 100...A little touchy I hear though.
Thanks! I can't tell you much about the Ektar- that was the first roll of it I've ever shot. I did notice that there were some wildly different qualities between frames, but I can't tell you why.

Maggie O

Maggie: +1. Your scans are much better then Walgreen's! They're a lot smoother. I like your Ektar photos too; especially the one of MCB. I didn't know the Greeks had been to Lincoln? Could be the Romans that visited; but, i think those are Greek Ionic column.
Thanks, Matt! I really liked that Nikon scanner. I've got a Plustek 7300 now, it's not nearly as nice, but still way better than Walgreens. I'm wrangling for a trade on the Nikon.

Those columns have a crazy backstory, I'll let a photo tell the tale:

Short version- they used to be part of the US Treasury building in the 1800's.

leif e

The annual country trip was held last Thursday. (This may need some explanaion).
1) I´t´s about (real) football.
2) In Norway.
3) We have two championships on the top level: One is played as a series where all teams in the league meet eachother twice. The other is a cup where in principle all teams down to a certain level are participating and the top two levels join after two rounds.
4) England and Norway are probably the last two countries where the cup(s) still is/are big deal (the Brits have two of them to be sure).
5) The aforementioned country trip is the first match where our team joins in - mostly to meet a team that plays two or three levels below us. Fun. This year we won 12-1 (in real football that´s outragous and even more fun).:D

Interesting, right? :D

My little Sekonic handheld has been kidding me a bit lately, so pics are dark/contrasty. M4-P, ZM 4,5/21 and Neopan 400CN

leif e

Lloyd

The annual country trip was held last Thursday. (This may need some explanaion).
1) I´t´s about (real) football.
2) In Norway.
3) We have two championships on the top level: One is played as a series where all teams in the league meet eachother twice. The other is a cup where in principle all teams down to a certain level are participating and the top two levels join after two rounds.
4) England and Norway are probably the last two countries where the cup(s) still is/are big deal (the Brits have two of them to be sure).
5) The aforementioned country trip is the first match where our team joins in - mostly to meet a team that plays two or three levels below us. Fun. This year we won 12-1 (in real football that´s outragous and even more fun).:D

Interesting, right? :D

My little Sekonic handheld has been kidding me a bit lately, so pics are dark/contrasty. M4-P, ZM 4,5/21 and Neopan 400CN

leif e
Nice series, Leif. I love the contrasty processing, really adds a timeless quality to the images. :thumbup:

mod2001

leif e
Nope, in Germany it's very important too. Bayern Munich won yesterday against Werder Bremen, 80.000 spectators and big party in Berlin where the final always is/was.

Yogi

Maggie O

Here's a few more from the M2 + 35/3.5 Summaron + Ektar 100; this time, scanned with a Plustek OpticFilm 7300:

MCB, Pioneers Park, May, 2010

Sandstone Columns, Pioneers Park, May, 2010

Michael, Pioneers Park, May, 2010

Wedding Photographer, Pioneers Park, May, 2010

The Plustek scans have a different quality than the ones from the Nikon, but I haven't been able to put my finger on what exactly it is. I do know they needed a bit more spotting, but that might just be because the negs have been out of their sleeves more at this point.

shtarka1

Here's a few more from the M2 + 35/3.5 Summaron + Ektar 100; this time, scanned with a Plustek OpticFilm 7300:

Sandstone Columns, Pioneers Park, May, 2010

Michael, Pioneers Park, May, 2010

Wedding Photographer, Pioneers Park, May, 2010
Great Color & Moments Captured Maggie!

leif e

Thanks all. Just back from another match - victory. In the series this time. :D

I stand corrected re. the German cup!:D Had the final been a week or two earlier, I could have gotten some of the fun in Berlin!

leif e

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Maggie,
I'm really enjoying all of your scans in this thread and the other thread.
I think there is more subtle detail in the Nikon scans (for instance in the columns).

Last edited: