The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
The Man in Brown brought me an Epson V750 this afternoon. I've been playing around a little just to get to know it, and I must say, I am not at all disappointed. The SilverFast software is definitely better for B&W than the Epson software, although the Epson software is much easier to use. The SilverFast UI is clunky at best.

Tri-X in Rodinal:
Congratulations on the new scanner. Hang in there with Silverfast. It really does work well with the Epson once you get the hang of it.
Your scan looks very nice. I like the tones in this one.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks for the info cindy. :)

I love the Summitar. It's on its way home from DAG.

now hope you will be interested in this. this set with a theme.
pardon me for the bad scan and bad negative.
and hope this is not too much for you all.
enjoy.

anthony

Another nice series. These made me smile. I like the black and white ending to your story.

Lloyd

Congratulations on the new scanner. Hang in there with Silverfast. It really does work well with the Epson once you get the hang of it.
Your scan looks very nice. I like the tones in this one.
Really nice Clair. Like Cindy says, hang in there, it's worth it!

khc1013

Cindy & Tonkengirl: does sliverfast really have that much higher performance effect on black and white scan? I was using a Epson 4490. (Well..it's just broken awhile ago and now I am just looking for a new one..)

Thanks steve, maggie, tokengirl, cindy, lloyd, matt and all. :)

m_driscoll

Here's a few more from the M2 + 35/3.5 Summaron + Ektar 100; this time, scanned with a Plustek OpticFilm 7300:

Wedding Photographer, Pioneers Park, May, 2010

The Plustek scans have a different quality than the ones from the Nikon, but I haven't been able to put my finger on what exactly it is. I do know they needed a bit more spotting, but that might just be because the negs have been out of their sleeves more at this point.
Maggie: The scans look pretty good? Maybe a little edgy/sharp? I think the color and compositions are great. This last one tells a story. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com.

m_driscoll

Most recent roll of Ektar
M4-P and CV 28 f/1.9
The next are with my M4-P and "new" 35 f/3.5 Summaron (Inspired by Maggie)
1917 Minneapolis Steam Belt Tractor (16 ton!)
Tractor Wheel
Ringing the old Bell
Cindy: Nice work. I love the composition and subject in this one. The contrast between the green and the white the open (field) and the closed (church). And, the open door to the church. Lots to look at here. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

The Man in Brown brought me an Epson V750 this afternoon. I've been playing around a little just to get to know it, and I must say, I am not at all disappointed. The SilverFast software is definitely better for B&W than the Epson software, although the Epson software is much easier to use. The SilverFast UI is clunky at best.

Tri-X in Rodinal:
Tokengirl: Very nice. Beautiful contrast and detail. i have the same scanner. Useful, although, you have to pay for it, is the upgrade to Silverfast Ai Studio. It gets you Multi-Exposure, which seems to work pretty well. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy & Tonkengirl: does sliverfast really have that much higher performance effect on black and white scan? I was using a Epson 4490. (Well..it's just broken awhile ago and now I am just looking for a new one..)

Thanks steve, maggie, tokengirl, cindy, lloyd, matt and all. :)
I used silverfast (that came bundled with my Epson) and once I understood the interface, found it very easy to use and get good scans. I had come from a Nikon V using Vuescan Pro. I struggled with the Vuescan on the Epson for some reason, so stuck with Silverscan for the duration. I have now sold the Epson and bought a Nikon 9000 (love it, love it, love it). I am using Vuescan Pro on the Nikon because I already had it and it is not scanner specific and Silverscan is.

Thanks for commenting Steve and Matt.

khc1013

something little different.

taken with Summarit 1.5 (which I partially just sold) on velvia 50. i miss this lens... but now... I am saving up and looking for a 50 lux instead.

Lloyd

something little different.

taken with Summarit 1.5 (which I partially just sold) on velvia 50. i miss this lens... but now... I am saving up and looking for a 50 lux instead.
Very interesting set, Anthony. Lovely results with the Summarit. Hope the lux is worth the price of admission by comparison.:thumbup:

Maggie O

Matt, I don't have M9 and M7 competing for my attention, but I have M8 and M4-P/Mamiya 7 competing and it is sometimes hard for me to deny the immediate gratification and flexibility of the M8. When I do go for a film cam, it is always worthwhile in the end.
I took my M8 to Omaha this weekend, and the pix look great from it, but I kind of like the way film looks a bit more these days. Especially since I got my hands on a Nikon scanner! I get the look of film, which I grew up with, and the PP of digital, which is powerful and way cheaper than building a wet printing darkroom! (Well, if I ignore the cost of ink for the Canon and all the wasted sheets of paper trying to get the picture right....)

Very interesting set, Anthony. Lovely results with the Summarit. Hope the lux is worth the price of admission by comparison.:thumbup:
A big plus one of the photos- they're GORGEOUS! I'd really be missing that lens. But, my '59 Summilux puts out gorgeous frames, so you don't have to mortgage the house to get that Summilux goodness. Here's to finding a good one; you'll make good use of it!

T

tokengirl

I developed this roll of Rollei Retro 80S in 1:100 Rodinal (semi-stand) tonight. The negs came out pretty dense, I probably could have shot this roll at 160 instead of 80.

From late this afternoon, with a storm brewing. It was just kind of crappy out, so I took a drive over to Haulover Marina.

I learned how to fish on these two boats, The Atlantis and The Mucho K.

After more fooling around with the new scanner, the scans are getting better.