The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

T

tokengirl

HOLLYWOOD BEACH LOOKS GRAND.... Adore them 'tokengirl'

Coney Island Flyin High / 1970 50mm cron /trixrodinal
Thanks!

I want to know your Tri-X/Rodinal secrets. The combination is a real winner for you - can you share time/temp/agitation/dilution information?

T

tokengirl

I was at CVS today, when I remembered I had a roll of Ektar with me that needed processing. To develop the film only (no prints or scans), they wanted $2.19. So I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try. By the way, that $2.19 includes unlimited dust. :cussing:

I came home and started scanning. The colors were kind of funk-o-licious, so I brought them into Lightroom to funk them out a little more (and the clone tool makes quick work of the dust spots).

I must say, this rangefinder business sure is different. It seems to be causing me to take all kinds of pictures I would never take with my dslr.

khc1013

I was at CVS today, when I remembered I had a roll of Ektar with me that needed processing. To develop the film only (no prints or scans), they wanted $2.19. So I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try. By the way, that $2.19 includes unlimited dust. :cussing:
Not sure where you live. If you have a Target around, their next day pick up for C41 processing is only 95cent a roll. even cheaper :) and probably less dusty.

T

tokengirl

A windy day can leave you out of breath chasing your umbrella as it rolls down the beach...

helenhill

'Gust of Wind' is DIVINE !!

Maggie: what scanner are YOU using ?
Quite IMPRESSED with your Technique & end Results....LOVELY !

Maggie O

Helen, I've got a Nikon Coolscan V ED. Michael bought it from Howard Eisemann over at the RFF and then Michael gave it to me! Thanks for the kind words!!!!

T

tokengirl

Gorgeous colors, Claire! What film did you use?

(I can't seem to get Ektar to look good.)
Thanks, it's Ektar. My first roll of the stuff, I was surprised at the saturation level of the colors, even before my adjustments in Lightroom.

m_driscoll

Coney Island Flyin High / 1970 50mm cron /trixrodinal
Helen: Great photo. I like the stark, graphic quality of it. :thumbup:

at a cafe, behind the counter
Anthony: Great capture! Some days, i'd like to do that at work.

Hm... Someone can't read?:D Nice catch.
Black Hat Would Look Cooler Than A Brown One! Nice Image Matt.:D
:ROTFL: Nice photo, Matt.
Nothing wrong with the picture at all, sort of has a retro feel.
Now about that gentleman with the cigarette who can't read...
Lloyd/Steve/Cindy/Claire: Thank you! :D:D:D:D He's a very good street musician from Louisiana (no implications intended).

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

trix/tmax dev push 800
Anthony: Another well timed capture. Good eye!

I came home and started scanning. The colors were kind of funk-o-licious, so I brought them into Lightroom to funk them out a little more (and the clone tool makes quick work of the dust spots).

I must say, this rangefinder business sure is different. It seems to be causing me to take all kinds of pictures I would never take with my dslr.
A windy day can leave you out of breath chasing your umbrella as it rolls down the beach...
claire: You use Florida light to your advantage! Funk-o-licious works. They're slightly edgy, hard, and lightened by the sun. :toocool:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com