The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

khc1013

50Summicron(no long has it) with velvia 50

I put these two together to motivate myself. I was seriously injured last year and took entire year to recover. Now I am trying to start it all over again but having some metal obstacles. I am in serious bad shape. but starting to doing base mile,hopefully not too late for next season or even cyclocross.

"get back on it and get some of those"

Lloyd

I put these two together to motivate myself. I was seriously injured last year and took entire year to recover. Now I am trying to start it all over again but having some metal obstacles. I am in serious bad shape. but starting to doing base mile,hopefully not too late for next season or even cyclocross.

I hope you'll be back in the thick of things soon. I had the same experience last year... crashed in mid-May, breaking my shoulder, collarbone and two ribs, plus the usual assorted road rash. I think the mental obstacles were the hardest to overcome. You'll get back, I'm sure.

Scott G

Me too, about 15 years ago I did a face plant at about 30mph and broke my nose and jaw. I got back on the bike about 4 weeks later with my jaws still wired shut, which in retrospect was not the smartest thing I have ever done, but it got me over the mental part. A year later I was doing amateur racing in Italy. Plus no one ever accused me of being very smart :D.

Good luck with the comeback, I am sure you will get there.

Maggie O

Yesterday I took delivery of a 52 year old M2 :D:D

Here are a few from the test roll of XP2 with low rez jpg scans by the local one hour lab, all with the 50mm Sonnar.

XP2 and the Sonnar make a good combination! I love the atmosphere you've conjured in those two shots.

I used to race, too, and never did come back from my last crash. Good luck and godspeed!

Oh, and a lovely diptytch! Great geometry and colors!

khc1013

Thanks Lloyd, Scott and Maggie.

Lloyd, I crashed in the second day of a 4-day race in mid-May last year... about the same time.

besides broken bones, I mixed with a few other internal injuries. Externally nothing except a few road rashes. If you saw me after the crash, you would find me looking fine compare to those from the say crash. blood everything on his jersey... aww. But I ended up laying in the hospital for a whole 3 weeks.

Scott, you raced in Italy? Were you living there at the time?

You know what? cycling and photography, a very common combo. at least for most of the people.

Maggie O

I put Jack's old CV 15 on the M4-P and shot my first real 15mm shots the other day. Here, on BW400CN are some of the keepers:

Beaver Creek Road, June, 2010

Trees and Upper Dogwalk, June, 2010

Dom at the Bridge, June, 2010

Slow Grandchildren, June, 2010

Suburban Cycling, June, 2010

Scott G

Lloyd, I crashed in the second day of a 4-day race in mid-May last year... about the same time.

besides broken bones, I mixed with a few other internal injuries. Externally nothing except a few road rashes. If you saw me after the crash, you would find me looking fine compare to those from the say crash. blood everything on his jersey... aww. But I ended up laying in the hospital for a whole 3 weeks.

You know what? cycling and photography, a very common combo. at least for most of the people.

Anthony,

Sounds like a wicked crash, glad you are OK all things considered. Was it on the track?

I spent 3 summers road racing in Italy, based in the north near Treviso. The third summer I quit my job in the US and went over with intentions of staying forever, but I came back about 4 months later with no regrets.

It looks like cameras and cycling are indeed a common combo -- at least for the enlightened:D

Lloyd

I put Jack's old CV 15 on the M4-P and shot my first real 15mm shots the other day. Here, on BW400CN are some of the keepers:

Beaver Creek Road, June, 2010
That's some impressive results, Maggie. I'm actually quite intrigued at the possibilities.

Lloyd

That does sound like a wicked crash. Truth is, I decided to stay more with triathlon because I was tired of crashing. Still happens, of course, but not with the frequency of bike racing. And I'm not exactly as young as I used to me. :eek: Best of luck on the come back.

Maggie O

That's some impressive results, Maggie. I'm actually quite intrigued at the possibilities.
Thanks, Lloyd! I've been using the CV 15 as a 21 on my M8 for a while, but actually having the full 15mm FOV is really something else entirely. Something pretty cool.

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd! I've been using the CV 15 as a 21 on my M8 for a while, but actually having the full 15mm FOV is really something else entirely. Something pretty cool.
Yes indeed. I've used mine on the M8 also, although I bought the Milch filter adapter and for some reason still get some of the frame blocked by the filter. I'm looking forward to trying it on a film body.

Maggie O

Yes indeed. I've used mine on the M8 also, although I bought the Milch filter adapter and for some reason still get some of the frame blocked by the filter. I'm looking forward to trying it on a film body.
That's weird- I use the Milich adapter too and haven't had any problems, except at first, when I didn't have it all the way on.

mathomas

Trees and Upper Dogwalk, June, 2010

Dom at the Bridge, June, 2010
They're all nice, but I especially like these two. Were you shooting with a red or orange filter? The clouds are popping out nicely! I need to decide what superwide I'll get (if any).

mathomas

You may have read elsewhere on the forum that I banged my Sonnar up pretty good (bad) the other day. The optical unit is a little wobbly now :(. I took some test shots Saturday afternoon to see if there were any optical side-effects, but ruined that batch of film (yet another forum topic elsewhere).

So I headed out with some Tri-X Saturday night in order to get more test shots. Here are a few. The Sonnar seems to be performing OK (but what can you tell from mostly wide-open shots?).

These were all shot with an M2, at night, on Tri-X @ 1250 ISO. Souped in Diafine using the 3+3 protocol. Scanned with a PlusTek 7300.

Maggie O

They're all nice, but I especially like these two. Were you shooting with a red or orange filter? The clouds are popping out nicely! I need to decide what superwide I'll get (if any).
Thanks, Mike! Nope, no filters at all on the lens. No real digital jiggery-pokery either- they pretty much came off the roll like that!

Maggie O

So I headed out with some Tri-X Saturday night in order to get more test shots. Here are a few. The Sonnar seems to be performing OK (but what can you tell from mostly wide-open shots?).

These were all shot with an M2, at night, on Tri-X @ 1250 ISO. Souped in Diafine using the 3+3 protocol. Scanned with a PlusTek 7300.

I really, really like these two! The fountain looks like it's spitting diamonds!

How did you decide on 1250 for a Tri-X speed?