The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Nitnaros

Hallo Scott,
The Che fan shot is great, love it!!!

By the way, what do the film experts here comment to the following question:

For low light, what offers more resolution - TMAX-3200 film or pushing 400 by 3 stops?

Peter

Scott G

Thanks Peter!

I like to hear thoughts on your question as well. I have had really good results pushing Delta 400 and Neopan 400 to 1600, but have never tried anything beyond that.

Maggie O

Thanks, Matt!

Here's a few more from that same roll of BW400CN, all with the Jupiter-8:

Tightrope Kiss, June, 2010

Stepping Stone Scooter, June, 2010

Stretch Tomcat, June, 2010

Dom N Mom, June, 2010

Rabbit Not Included, June, 2010

Stuart Richardson

Lovely shots guys! Maggie -- those two of the tomcat are great -- you really get a sense of its movement...

Scott -- I also really like those shots of Wiesbaden...it is funny, it looks very similar to Villach, Austria, a town I visited in June.

Peter -- That is a good question. I am not sure! I have not shot P3200. My guess would be that P3200 would give you better tones and a more normal contrast range (since you are pulling it), but that TMY would give you a sharper, higher resolution image, but much contrastier since it is being pushed so much.

m_driscoll

Thanks, Matt!
Here's a few more from that same roll of BW400CN, all with the Jupiter-8:

Stretch Tomcat, June, 2010

Rabbit Not Included, June, 2010
Maggie: You have some very entertaining cats. It looks like the "tightrope" was a taut leash? Bunnies, we don't have no stinkin' bunnies! Nice IQ and tone. :thumbup:

A couple more from Wiesbaden.
View through the hotel room window
Watching football at the cafe
lurking
Scott: I like the IQ of these. Hard to replicate in digital. This last one looks like "lurking".

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Maggie O

Stu and Matt: thanks guys!!!

The cat is a neighborhood get-about and yes, the tightrope is Dom's leash! You know, there is all sorts of drama about, if you just go looking for it. I'm hoping that my current round of bunny shots come out OK. It's crazy how tame they are.

Scott G

Steve, Stuart, Matt, Peter ... Thanks!

Here are a few from today with the M2 and 50mm Sonnar

Panties on the sidewalk :thumbs:, um...:thumbdown:?, um... :shocked:?, um... :angel:??

Last edited:

Maggie O

Here are some new scans of some older negatives from the M4-P that were originally posted with Walgreens' scans.

Future Culvert Junction, April, 2010

Culvert Work, April, 2010

Lower Dogwalk, April, 2010

Backing In The Truck, Lincoln, NE, April, 2010

These are all that ShurFine400 color negative film that came with the M4-P.

khc1013

Hi all, have been MIA for just a few days :)
the full moon puppet show. every full moon. on the patio at bedlam theater.
one of the performances.
35mm summilux pre-asph. trix/tmax dev. push iso 800
please pardon me for the dusts. I still haven't find a good solution for it.

khc1013

35lux trix/tmax dev iso800. just some candid's

phyco suzie at NE Minneapolis.
a rainy evening, friends visited. velodrome racing was canceled. no racing or watching. what else should we do? you know....

I didn't recognize I actually knew that woman until i started scanning the negatives.

These are my cycling and racing buddies. :)