The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

m_driscoll

Maggie: Nice work. I esp. like "Tree Trunks" and of course "wary bunn". And, thanks for posting the link.
Scott: Excellent grit. I love the first one with the banner. You chemists have all the fun!
Helen: "Unfortunate Grit" and "Heat and Sorrows": very powerful, sad, images.
Thanks, all, for sharing. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Maggie O

Thanks, Matt!

Here's a couple of stragglers from this week:

The Big Show, July, 2010

M2 and 50mm Summilux-M.

Jumping Scooter, July, 2010

M4-P and the Jupiter-8.

m_driscoll

Thanks, Matt!
Here's a couple of stragglers from this week:
The Big Show, July, 2010
M2 and 50mm Summilux-M.
Jumping Scooter, July, 2010
M4-P and the Jupiter-8.
Maggie: Great cluster of "supervising" adults. Is scooter trying to escape the fireworks. Nicely seen. I'm jealous. You do very well with these cameras (no TTL metering, etc crutches like me!). both photos have a sort of 'expose' quality. Front page on the Star or National Enquirer with suitable headlines.

Cheers, Matt

Maggie O

Maggie: Great cluster of "supervising" adults. Is scooter trying to escape the fireworks. Nicely seen. I'm jealous. You do very well with these cameras (no TTL metering, etc crutches like me!). both photos have a sort of 'expose' quality. Front page on the Star or National Enquirer with suitable headlines.
Heheh!! Thanks, Matt!

I'm a bit surprised and completely delighted to see that I don't absolutely need a meter in my camera. I guess I've been paying closer attention to exposure settings on my Nikon and M8 all these years than I thought, because, at least with ISO 400, exposures are pretty easy to see. Of course, it helps shooting B&W negative film, which is hard to screw up. I've had issues, shall we say, with Ektar 100 in my M's. I'm not so bulletproof with that, I'm afraid.

Maggie O

Another roll of BW400CN has made its way through the M4-P and its Jupiter-8 50/2 lens! Here's a few:

Land Escapes Makes Theirs, July, 2010

Dead Friend, July, 2010

Dad And Domino Heat Up, July, 2010

Contemplating The Duck Pond, July, 2010

Scooter In A Window, July, 2010

Maggie O

Thanks, Steve!

Here's a few more off that same roll from the M4-P/ J-8:

Creeper, July, 2010

Garbage Night, July, 2010

Sniffing The Air, July, 2010

Cloud Gesture, July, 2010

Smokebomb Roll Call, July, 2010

Maggie O

Scott, I am loving your framing and you sense of moment, but I can't hep but wonder how your photos would look with a bit more contrast. Bring me a true black or a blown-out highlight now and then and I think I'd be absolutely IN LOVE!

xoxox,
a fan already

m_driscoll

Another roll of BW400CN has made its way through the M4-P and its Jupiter-8 50/2 lens! Here's a few:

Land Escapes Makes Theirs, July, 2010
Dead Friend, July, 2010
Dad And Domino Heat Up, July, 2010

Contemplating The Duck Pond, July, 2010

Scooter In A Window, July, 2010
Maggie: The bunn died!!! So sad. Great photos (didn't like the second one, though). "Dad &..." and "Contemplating..." are very cool. :cool::thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Thanks, Steve!

Here's a few more off that same roll from the M4-P/ J-8:

Sniffing The Air, July, 2010

Cloud Gesture, July, 2010

Smokebomb Roll Call, July, 2010
Nice perspectives. Like the "Cloud Gesture" with a hint of rooftop! Great Film!

Maggie O

Nice perspectives. Like the "Cloud Gesture" with a hint of rooftop! Great Film!
Thanks, Steve!!

So, I heard about this low cost private-label XP-2 Plus from Photo Warehouse, so I ordered the minimum number of rolls (14) and shot some this weekend out at the airport, where Cessna was bringing in Special Olympics athletes on bizjets. No credentials for me, so I watched the watchers, so to speak. Here's a few shots from that first roll of generic XP-2 Plus, via the M4-P and Jupiter-8:

Umbrellas, Special Olympics Citation Airlift, July, 2010

Credentials Tent, Special Olympics Citation Airlift, July, 2010

Helping Out, Special Olympics Citation Airlift, July, 2010

Waiting For Harrison, Special Olympics Citation Airlift, July, 2010

(Harrison Ford piloted his Gulfstream for the airlift and all these folks said they were just there to see him.)

A Planespotter Catches One, Special Olympics Citation Airlift, July, 2010

It was around 97ºF, with a heat index of 109ºF that afternoon. Underexposure was NOT a problem! :ROTFL:

Peter Klein

This was taken during the summer of 1971. I'd just graduated from high school. We were working on an original musical, a serious piece of theatre that was so serious that we never quite finished it. M2, DR Summicron, Tri-X.