The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Maggie O

Some photos from the M2, loaded with BW400CN. The first one is with the '59 Summilux and the rest are with the CV Ultron 35/1.7:

I'm With Coco, July, 2010

Dom Is Worried, July, 2010

Devious Dad, July, 2010

Testing The Water, July, 2010

Hose Coil, July, 2010

Maggie O

I thanks you, Steve! :)

Now if we could just figure out what my dad is up to... (I almost titled that photo "Pocket Pool.")

JimCollum

FP4 in Rodinal (1+50)

(the 'streak' in the skies is caused by dust on the scanning array.. i need to open up the Creo Eversmart, clean the optics, and rescan...)

15mm CV

12mm CV
(the vingetting might be due to the lens hood.. this is the first time i've shot it with film.. i'll have to try it without the lens hood)

m_driscoll

Jim: Nice set of photos. The15mm CV and the 12mm CV really give the machinery presence. Excellent tonality and detail. Not what I'd expect to see around Santa Cruz? Bits of railroad equipment, turbines, and maybe ore crushers? 20A, 15A, and 6A are especially interesting. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Maggie O

Jim: Nice set of photos. The15mm CV and the 12mm CV really give the machinery presence. Excellent tonality and detail.
A BiG +1 from me on that set, Jim! A fantastic set of photos.

Animal crackers time now...

Bag Inspection, July, 2010

On Her Perch, July, 2010

Spotting Prey, July, 2010

Release Me, July, 2010

All with the M2, CV 35/1.7 Ultron and BW400CN

Scott G

I just received a Contax G2 today and took it out for a spin at lunch.

I need a judges ruling on where to post these in the future, here or in the "other" section, it is a rangefinder, just not a Leica :confused:.

Lloyd

I need a judges ruling on where to post these in the future, here or in the "other" section, it is a rangefinder, just not a Leica :confused:.
Congrats on the new camera, Scott. Nice shots... I especially like that wall, and the parking meter.

As for your question, I understand the dilemma to some extent. I shot occasionally with a Leica IIIc, which, while it is a Leica, is not a "Leica M". I supposed by the strict interpretation, we both (with our respective cameras) belong in the "other" thread.

Scott G

Thanks Maggie! Yes, it is the box office of a currently vacant, and formerly grand theater.

I have only spent 45 min and one roll of film with the Contax so far, but I am completely in love with it :thumbs:

m_driscoll

A BiG +1 from me on that set, Jim! A fantastic set of photos.

Animal crackers time now...

Bag Inspection, July, 2010

On Her Perch, July, 2010

Spotting Prey, July, 2010
Release Me, July, 2010
All with the M2, CV 35/1.7 Ultron and BW400CN
Maggie: Nice as always. These two especially remind me of our own feline supervisor. :thumbs:

Scott: Congratulations on the new camera. The G2's a system that I've considered getting. Rockwell, for one, speaks highly of it.

Nice first roll! Don't see Barney too often, anymore. I esp. like these two photos. Which lens were you using? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Scott G

Matt,

Yeah, Barney caught my eye for sure! The only lens I have so far for the G2 is the 45mm f2 Planar, which is tiny, sharp, contrasty, and for this first roll at least, perfect. I am thinking about getting the 90mm f2.8 Sonnar too....

Maggie O

Scooter gives the new Flickr layout the stinkeye:

Jeeze, posting that one photo only took about the same about of time as posting three pix used to take.