The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

m_driscoll

Some non-Contax shots

Scott: Nice images. They show outdoor movies in the Inner Harbor? The light and shadow in all of them is brilliant. I esp. like the first two above, and that last one intrigues me. :thumbup:

Scooter gives the new Flickr layout the stinkeye:

Jeeze, posting that one photo only took about the same about of time as posting three pix used to take.
TIME OUT! How do you get your cat to do that?

CAREFUL, MAN!!! This is...
Bat Country, July, 2010
M4-P and Jack's old CV 15/4!
Maggie: Excellent BIF photo. Rarely does one get to see this magnificent creature soaring in it's native habitat...the suburbs! :thumbup:

(If you click on the photo it takes you to flickr. Did it do that before?)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

white.elephant

The last time I visited this forum I didn't see any film work. I stumbled across this today and was not only happy to see the images, but what stunning images they are!

Maggie O

TIME OUT! How do you get your cat to do that?

Maggie: Excellent BIF photo. Rarely does one get to see this magnificent creature soaring in it's native habitat...the suburbs! :thumbup:

(If you click on the photo it takes you to flickr. Did it do that before?)
Scooter does all sorts of crazy stuff. I just have to be there!

Yeah, all of my photos should link back to the Flickr page; it's required by Flickr's TOS, you know.

Scott G

Scott: Nice images. They show outdoor movies in the Inner Harbor? The light and shadow in all of them is brilliant. I esp. like the first two above, and that last one intrigues me. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt. Outdoor movies are all the rage this summer. Depending on the day of the week they are showing in the Inner Harbor, Little Italy, Fells Point (where these were taken), and also on the Johns Hopkins campus.

I think they are hoping that we can take a 2 hour break from shooting each other in order to enjoy a movie :eek:

khc1013

Hi all, here are some shots that I got back so far.
they are all not organized. getting ready to go back to the states.
I will catch you all very soon. :)

leif e

Just started scanning some of the pics from the summer´s visit to Cádiz, Spain.
Weird composition, I know, my daughter´s even talking out of the frame. Still, I seem to like it a bit. :D
M6, Canon 1,2/50, Fuji NCN400 (C-41)
leif e

m_driscoll

Leif: It violates all of the rules of composition! :LOL: I like it a lot. You can always imagine the person she's talking to. The contrast and DOF's great. The photo's asymmetrical, but seems well balanced. I'm thinking that the OOF umbrella pole in the right foreground offsets/stops the line created by her looking out of the photo. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt. Outdoor movies are all the rage this summer. Depending on the day of the week they are showing in the Inner Harbor, Little Italy, Fells Point (where these were taken), and also on the Johns Hopkins campus.
I think they are hoping that we can take a 2 hour break from shooting each other in order to enjoy a movie :eek:
Scott: It's also something to do between your freak storms and power outages (my daughter lives near college Park).

Hi all, here are some shots that I got back so far.
they are all not organized. getting ready to go back to the states.
I will catch you all very soon. :)

Anthony: Nice set of images. :thumbup: The colors in these two are unusual. What kind of film were you using?

Cheers, Matt

Maggie O

Leif: It violates all of the rules of composition! :LOL: I like it a lot. You can always imagine the person she's talking to. The contrast and DOF's great. The photo's asymmetrical, but seems well balanced. I'm thinking that the OOF umbrella pole in the right foreground offsets/stops the line created by her looking out of the photo. :thumbup:
I concur with Matt- that is a fantastic photo, all the moreso because it messes with preconceived notions of what's "right." :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Anthony: Nice set of images. :thumbup: The colors in these two are unusual. What kind of film were you using?
Another +1 from me, Anthony! That's a really strong collection of photos and the colors are to die for, along with the geometry of the compositions!!! WOW! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

m_driscoll

Maggie O

Maggie: Nicely done! Your mother looks slightly put out; tree and shadows are cool; your cats are always entertaining. I really like the composition and detail in the "doggie in the clover". Well done B&W.
Thanks, Matt!

Yeah, Mom is always a bit annoyed with me shooting photos of her, but that doesn't stop me! :ROTFL:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Nice set, Maggie.

retow, It is like turning back the clock. My favorite is the first of the second post. I really like your style.

retow

Cindy, thank you for the encouraging words. Havana, could easily be one of the most fascinating Spanish speaking cities in the world, but.......! I guess from the pictures one can tell that I'm interested in cars.

Last edited:

Maggie O

Thanks, Cindy! Nice to see you here again!

retow, what a fantastic set of photos!! Havana really is like a time machine, isn't it?