The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

retow

Maggie and Lloyd thanks for the positive words. It's an amazing city with very friendly people. One can literally stand at a street corner and the action just happens. So it's rather easy to find interesting scenes. It was my first trip with the MP, but I must say the results somehow feel more satisfying/rewarding than with digital (M8). What you see here are only low res. scans of next corner pharmacy (CVS) developed films.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Nice set, Maggie.
retow, It is like turning back the clock. My favorite is the first of the second post. I really like your style.
Thanks, Cindy! Nice to see you here again!
retow, what a fantastic set of photos!! Havana really is like a time machine, isn't it?
These really are great. Love the whole series, but the first one of this group is something really special.
Maggie and Lloyd thanks for the positive words. It's an amazing city with very friendly people. One can literally stand at a street corner and the action just happens. So it's rather easy to find interesting scenes. It was my first trip with the MP, but I must say the results somehow feel more satisfying/rewarding than with digital (M8). What you see here are only low res. scans of next corner pharmacy (CVS) developed films.
Retow: +1, +1, +1. These are really nice. Your photos with film have a quality that suits the city "where time stood still". Well done. :salute: I'm envious. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

retow

Retow: +1, +1, +1. These are really nice. Your photos with film have a quality that suits the city "where time stood still". Well done. :salute: I'm envious. Cheers, Matt.

Thank you, Matt. Highly appreciated, as I'm "rediscovering" and learning the beauty of film shooting. I probably shot about 450 digital pictures, of which I spontaneously deleted 200. Of the 5 film rolls shot, 2 are underexposed because having forgotten to change iso setting (it's a learning curve:eek::eek:).
However, several of the film shots are keepers, none of the digitals I came home with can match. And none of the film shots are "deletes", except Nr 26 on a 24exp roll.

khc1013

Scott: It's also something to do between your freak storms and power outages (my daughter lives near college Park).

Anthony: Nice set of images. :thumbup: The colors in these two are unusual. What kind of film were you using?

Cheers, Matt

Thank you Matt.
These are taken with velvia... with cir-pl filter. The exposure on these two are some what off. I think that's why they look a bit unusual.

I concur with Matt- that is a fantastic photo, all the moreso because it messes with preconceived notions of what's "right."
Another +1 from me, Anthony! That's a really strong collection of photos and the colors are to die for, along with the geometry of the compositions!!! WOW!
Thank you Maggie. Very appreciate. :)

Cindy, thank you for the encouraging words. Havana, could easily be one of the most fascinating Spanish speaking cities in the world, but.......! I guess from the pictures one can tell that I'm interested in cars.
This set is just beautiful.

Hey!! Here's a random congrats! Well deserved Maggie! :clap::clap::clap:
+1 :) :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
FP4 in Rodinal (1+50)

(the 'streak' in the skies is caused by dust on the scanning array.. i need to open up the Creo Eversmart, clean the optics, and rescan...)
These are just beautiful!!!

khc1013

Finally, gotta put something together.

Tmax with D76. Push to 800.
35mm summilux pre-asph.

Summer/beer fest in Sapporo, Japan.