The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

khc1013

Indeed, I do. I use epson4490. When I got the negative, they all look fine on the index from the 1hr lab. But when i scan them they are always off. I use color corrected and digital ice tech while scanning portra. most of them time they are still off, so correct them in photoshop. Sometimes 5-10 frames out of a roll have some dramatic color shift. Even with photoshop I am having a hard time to fix them.

not sure if that's the case, but the dramatic color shifted once are always the one in somewhat low light or shade. With the sun, it's so much better.

Matt, I really like the set, especially the flowers. Congratulations on the new M7.

Anthony, I love the wedding baby. The colors are great. Do you scan your own Porta? I struggle with the color when I scan Porta for some reason.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Maggie, These are all so nice. "A boy and his dog" is my favorite. Scooter looks so handsome at the birch.
I can't wait to get my soon-to-arrive M6 and join back in this thread.

Maggie O

Maggie, These are all so nice. "A boy and his dog" is my favorite. Scooter looks so handsome at the birch.
I can't wait to get my soon-to-arrive M6 and join back in this thread.
Thank you, Cindy!

I'm looking forward to seeing your work with the M6! Michael sure loves his!

M5-Guy

1st off, Thanks Cindy for kind words on the sepia shed....
I may tone the shade down a bit in future attempts...
---------------
From Last Saturday, a nice gentleman I chatted with for about 10 minutes..
We both finished a long walk at the same time, but from different paths

M5 / CV 28 f/1.9 ASPH / Tmax 100

m_driscoll

M-5 guy: Beautiful sepias! The collapsing shed's probably my favorite. :thumbup:
Maggie: Always love the Scooter shots; but, "A Boy and his Dog" is great! :thumbup:
Cindy: Thanks! :D Haven't been here for a while myself.
M-5 Guy: Nice series. Makes a better "portrait" then one photo. Gives a stronger impression of the Gentlemen. :salute:
Scott: Strong image. Appropriately "gritty". :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

T

Terry.Kelly

Hi All,

First post from a new member.
Small boy (my grandson) and a big puddle.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hi Terry,
Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed your first post. It is a really fun series to look at. My favorite is #5.
What M did you use and what film? (It is fun to know.)

T

Terry.Kelly

Thanks Cindy and Lloyd.

These shots were taken with an MP on Kodak BW400CN, minilab processed and scanned.

M5-Guy

Leica M5
ZM 50/1.5 C-Sonnar T*
f/1.5 @ 1/125 for all, no flash
Plus-X @ 125
Xtol 1:3

Last edited:

M5-Guy

M-5 guy: Beautiful sepias! The collapsing shed's probably my favorite. :thumbup:
Maggie: Always love the Scooter shots; but, "A Boy and his Dog" is great! :thumbup:
Cindy: Thanks! :D Haven't been here for a while myself.
M-5 Guy: Nice series. Makes a better "portrait" then one photo. Gives a stronger impression of the Gentlemen. :salute:
Scott: Strong image. Appropriately "gritty". :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks driscoll

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Peter, I like the photo of your wife and your son (with the cart). The photo of your son alone is beautiful. This is a really nice series. The combo of M5 and Sonnar seems like a great pairing.

Leica M5
ZM 50/1.5 C-Sonnar T*
f/1.5 @ 1/125 for all, no flash
Plus-X @ 125
Xtol 1:3