The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

m_driscoll

corner of 1st & Pike, Starbuck's, inside the main arcade at the Pike Place Market, & the corner flower shop. Eventually, i'll get Velvia right. Cheers, Matt

1. M7; 50mm f/1.4; Fuji Velvia RVP 100

2. M7; 50mm f/1.4; Fuji Velvia RVP 100

3. M7; 50mm f/1.4; Fuji Velvia RVP 100

4. M7; 50mm f/1.4; Fuji Velvia RVP 100

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

A few from the roll of Plus-X I shot over the summer/fall (I shot a lot of film, just not 135). Funny, looking back at the whole roll, almost every shot is very low-light.

M2 and VC Nokton 35mm f/1.4 SC
Plus-X exposed @ 400, developed in Diafine 3m+3m
Scanned on a Plustek 7300

Mike: Nicely done! Great portrait and self-portrait. (insert thumbsup here)

I am back. Have been pretty busy for the last 2 months. Hopefully I can start posting again more regularly.

Mason Meisch by khc1013, on Flickr
Anthony: Expressive portrait with nice tonality. Welcome back and enjoy the snow. (insert salute here)

Hey, all of a sudden I´m an M5 guy as well :) - again.:eek:
And Peter (the real M5-guy); that third photo of your son alone is really beautiful!

A couple of shots here of my daughter this last Saturday in the nicest of pre-winter weathers.
M5, CV 1,4/35mm, TRI-X in XTOL 1+1
Leif: Excellent photos with your new M5. Terrific IQ and tone. (insert thumbsup here)

Congratulations on the new M5, Leif. The photos of your daughter look great.

I just went back to M6 Classic (Photo taken with M9 and Zeiss Planar 50 f/2 ZM)

I just got the first test roll back this afternoon. Ektar 100 and Zeiss 35 f/2.8 Biogon-C ZM
Closed for the season

Park Bench

A couple more from my M6 test roll (with CZ Biogon C 35 f/2.8).
Cindy: Congratulations. Sweet looking camera. Nicely done "test" roll. (insert thumbsup here)

Cheers, Matt

Cindy, where is that last shot from? Looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

Matt, how are you getting inside shots with 100 speed film? Awesome!

m_driscoll

Looks right to me, these are great!
Scott: Thank you, sir. :D I suffer from digitalitis. Going back and forth between the M9 and the M7 warps my expectations. The photos that you, and others, post in the analog threads give me a high level to strive for.

Cindy, where is that last shot from? Looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

Matt, how are you getting inside shots with 100 speed film? Awesome!
Jason: Thanks! Two words - 50mm lux (or, is that 3, or 4?).

Cheers, Matt

mathomas

corner of 1st & Pike, Starbuck's, inside the main arcade at the Pike Place Market, & the corner flower shop. Eventually, i'll get Velvia right. Cheers, Matt

1. M7; 50mm f/1.4; Fuji Velvia RVP 100

2. M7; 50mm f/1.4; Fuji Velvia RVP 100
They look pretty good to me, esp. these two. There seem to be a lot of rich browns in these that are very appealing to me. The look on the dog's face is classic, too. He's pretty intense.

mathomas

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone.

A few more from yesterday. I have ten rolls of Rollei Retro 80S burning a hole in my freezer bag, so I went out and shot a whole roll (feels weird to have to take 36 shots to finish the roll -- I've gotten used to my Fuji 690, which only gets 8 shots per roll!). I unfortunately overexposed a lot of them. I intended to overexpose, but not by that much! If you get the exposure right with this film, it pays back in spades. It was very overcast while I was out and about, so I shot the Sonnar opened up more than I might have for some shots. I took a few incident readings along the way, but it was mostly seat-of-the-pants.

All these shot with an M2 + 50mm Sonnar.
Developed in Adonal (Adox's Rodinal):
1+50 for 14m, 1m agitation then 10s every 2 minutes

My distilled water supply and other chems were at 66 (room temp), which would have called for 15:30 dev time, so I just ran it at 14:00 to dial back a bit on development. Wow, don't I sound like an "expert"? Hehe.

m_driscoll

Awesome Matt!
:thumbs:+1 That dog is fabulous!
digitalitis!:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
They look pretty good to me, esp. these two. There seem to be a lot of rich browns in these that are very appealing to me. The look on the dog's face is classic, too. He's pretty intense.
Steve/Cindy/Mike: Thank you! :D The dog was pretty neat. His owner said that he didn't like cameras, but mine was different (no flashes or autofocus light). BTW: today was a digital day. I strayed.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone.

A few more from yesterday. I have ten rolls of Rollei Retro 80S burning a hole in my freezer bag, so I went out and shot a whole roll (feels weird to have to take 36 shots to finish the roll -- I've gotten used to my Fuji 690, which only gets 8 shots per roll!). I unfortunately overexposed a lot of them. I intended to overexpose, but not by that much! If you get the exposure right with this film, it pays back in spades. It was very overcast while I was out and about, so I shot the Sonnar opened up more than I might have for some shots. I took a few incident readings along the way, but it was mostly seat-of-the-pants.

All these shot with an M2 + 50mm Sonnar.
Developed in Adonal (Adox's Rodinal):
1+50 for 14m, 1m agitation then 10s every 2 minutes

My distilled water supply and other chems were at 66 (room temp), which would have called for 15:30 dev time, so I just ran it at 14:00 to dial back a bit on development. Wow, don't I sound like an "expert"? Hehe.

Mike: Nicely done! You've got me convinced that you're an expert. I like the tonality in the first and third ones. Composition and IQ are great. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt