The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

mathomas

Steve: Thank you, sir! :D

Mike: Thanks! :D It is subtly different from the other dog photo that i posted. Did I post this photo as an "M9" somewhere? I saw the guy and his dog today. Gave him a buck, but, didn't take a shot.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, I'm just confused, I guess. I probably thought the other photo was published in the "digital M" thread. I visit both threads a lot.

Mike: Really great! I'm partial to the "Toontown" character of this one. Excellent tone.

Cheers, Matt

Mike, I love all 3 of these. The Efke 25 looks great and the subject is so interesting.
And I'm digging these old car photos!

Thanks, all :)

mathomas

Here are a few more from the same roll of Efke 25 as above, with the Nokton 35/1.2 (it took me forever to scan the negs this time). All taken in the park near my house (I love this park because parts of it are so wild).

Again, these were developed in Rodinal 1+125, 1hr stand. Nik Silver Efex for adjustments and toning.

M5-Guy

Here are a few more from the same roll of Efke 25 as above, with the Nokton 35/1.2 (it took me forever to scan the negs this time). All taken in the park near my house (I love this park because parts of it are so wild).

Again, these were developed in Rodinal 1+125, 1hr stand. Nik Silver Efex for adjustments and toning.
Great Images mathomas, I really like the tone color you used too.

RF_Licks

Hi all, am new to this thread. My other camera is in Leica NJ for repairs :( so I loaded up some film this week.

Funny, when my wife looked at these for the first time, she told me that there's something wrong with either my camera or the monitor. She said the pics of our son looked too fuzzy and "out of focus". Guess it's all digital's fault?

M6 TTL, 35Lux Asph v1, HP5 +, HC-110B 6min @18C.
Scanned on Canon 8800F.

Thanks for looking, Joe :)

m_driscoll

Mike: Great tonality and detail. I like the directionality of this one with the ruts. (IMHO might have cropped out the building to the left to make it seem "wilder") :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Hi all, am new to this thread. My other camera is in Leica NJ for repairs :( so I loaded up some film this week.

Funny, when my wife looked at these for the first time, she told me that there's something wrong with either my camera or the monitor. She said the pics of our son looked too fuzzy and "out of focus". Guess it's all digital's fault?

Scanned on Canon 8800F.

Joe: Look great to me! Well composed with the wall and openings. When the TV's on something other then HD, my wife wants to know if something's wrong. We're spoiled by digital (I'm sure, I am anyway). :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

RF_Licks

Joe: Look great to me! Well composed with the wall and openings. When the TV's on something other then HD, my wife wants to know if something's wrong. We're spoiled by digital (I'm sure, I am anyway). :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt
Thanks Matt! Guess I'm spoiled by digital too :)

Joe

M5-Guy

Peter: Great work with the M5! This first one with the cat is my favorite. I like the lines leading in and the cat as "punctuation". :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Thanks,
When I saw all the different textures and types of wood, I just had to pull over. The cat was a bonus, after I had about shoot all my frames. It seemed to walk and stop every few feet so I could take a photo. I was quite close to the cat (within 8 feet), since these are around 85% - 95% of the frame. :D

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Mike, I love the toning that you did.

M5, I like the photo with the cat sitting on the roof.

Delta Pan F @ ISO 50, ZM 50mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar T*, Leica M5
Souped in Xtol 1:3
Beautiful shot of your son. Your wife will be very happy with this in the future.

Scanned on Canon 8800F.

Maggie, Your little guy is growing up.

Some M4-P + Jupiter-8 shots from November and October:

Jackson Sofa, November, 2010 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

mathomas

Great Images mathomas, I really like the tone color you used too.
Mike: Great tonality and detail. I like the directionality of this one with the ruts. (IMHO might have cropped out the building to the left to make it seem "wilder") :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Mike, I love the toning that you did.

Thanks, ya'll. That Efke 25 is amazing film, I tell you. The "wild" shot is edging into MF detail territory. I wish I'd had a tripod or monopod -- I think I could have gotten a bit more detail.

Matt -- you're right. If I ever print that in a non 2:3 format, I'll definitely crop the left side.

Nik Silver Efex to the rescue for split-toning. I love that plug-in!

rayyan

Hi folks. Put into service an old and dear friend.. M7 + lux 35; cron 75

Sun is too bright. The 2nd was at f16. NC 400.

Film is something else...

Regards.

m_driscoll

Some M4-P + Jupiter-8 shots from November and October:

Scootwindow, November, 2010 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Jackson Sofa, November, 2010 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr
Maggie: Welcome back. I missed your cats. Nicely done. The IQ of your photos is always stunning. :thumbup:

Hi folks. Put into service an old and dear friend.. M7 + lux 35; cron 75

Sun is too bright. The 2nd was at f16. NC 400.
Film is something else...
Regards.​

Rayyan: Too many cameras; not enough time! Great photos! The bokeh and grain in the first really sets off the rose.

Cheers, Matt.