The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Lloyd

My first roll of Extar 100 in the M6. Some from earlier this past Fall, and one recent. Scanned drugstore prints... looks like I need to clean the scanner. No photoshop. I'm impressed with this film.

CV 75/2.5 Heliar:

CV 21/4:

28 Cron:

50 Cron:

JPlomley

Very inspirational work everyone. Its been some time since I've visited this thread. Glad to see film is alive and kicking.

Here are a few from a reportage I did in New Orleans...

First trip I took without a digital solution. Just a pair of M7's, 28 Cron Asph and 50 Summicron, TMY-2, Neopan 400, Across-100 and a couple of rolls of Portra 400NC

mathomas

My first roll of Extar 100 in the M6. Some from earlier this past Fall, and one recent. Scanned drugstore prints... looks like I need to clean the scanner. No photoshop. I'm impressed with this film.

50 Cron:
Nice stuff, Lloyd. This last one has a storybook look about it that is just great. I love Ektar, too, esp in medium format.

mathomas

Very inspirational work everyone. Its been some time since I've visited this thread. Glad to see film is alive and kicking.

First trip I took without a digital solution. Just a pair of M7's, 28 Cron Asph and 50 Summicron, TMY-2, Neopan 400, Across-100 and a couple of rolls of Portra 400NC
Good stuff. I like them all, but especially the first and third.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Leif, Those are beautiful. The first is my favorite. I really like the simplicity of it.
Lloyd, M6 and Ektar seems a marriage made in heaven. Your photos are all so rich looking.
JPlomley, Nice set from New Orleans. I like them all, but my favorite is the horn on the money box.

Last edited:

leif e

Thanks, Cindy! I really like the mood (and tone) of your III shots, esp #2. Something about that Elmar!
Lloyd, the first and last are absolutely beautiful. I can´t believe the mountains in the background. I need to try some Ektar out.

leif e

JPlomley

Matt, Cindy, many thanks for the feedback.

Cindy, those BW400CN images are terrific. I've always wondered about C41 B&W film. I'm sure it scans a lot nicer than traditional B&W.

shtarka1

CV 75/2.5 Heliar:

CV 21/4:

28 Cron:

50 Cron:

Leitz iiig, Leitz Elmar 3.5cm f/3.5, Kodak BW400CN

Very Nice Film Y"All! Lloyd, Great To See You Here!

m_driscoll

CV 75/2.5 Heliar:

CV 21/4:
28 Cron:
50 Cron:
Lloyd: Cool, or is it really "kewl". Nicely done with the M6 and Ektar. Don't need to guess which was Fall, and, which is now.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

JPlomely: The B & W's a really good fit for your compositions and subjects. These are really excellent.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com