The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

JPlomley

Steve, top drawer work. Very nicely presented.

Here is another from Nawlin's.....I'm sure there was a really good reason she was massaging the police officers neck at this time of the night :grin:

M7, 50 Cron
TMY-2 rated EI 800 and processed in Xtol (1:2)

m_driscoll

awesome stuff Steve. That last one is haunting!
Thanks Lloyd! I Shlepped 3 Leicas To The Museum!:D
Worth the effort, Steve. Just so long as you didn't get mistaken for a Japanese tourist. :D
Steve: I was about to ask you how many cameras you were carrying! And, then i read down a bit. Impressive work and exemplary effort. The kid's look in 6's cool and 9, as Lloyd said, is notably "haunting".

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Steve, top drawer work. Very nicely presented.

Here is another from Nawlin's.....I'm sure there was a really good reason she was massaging the police officers neck at this time of the night :grin:

M7, 50 Cron
TMY-2 rated EI 800 and processed in Xtol (1:2)
Nice catch. Looks like she's trying to determine whether he actually has a neck. :D

leif e

@ Steve: :D:D
The museum shots - I love them. I need two more Leicas! :deadhorse:

Now; Rodinal! :)
Haven´t used the stuff for years, and have in the past hated this old recipe more than once, when grain and contrast have killed my negs (because I weren´t careful enough :eek: )

So; I read (and read and read) about stand development (and thought; that´s flat out cheating - why have millions of photographers learned to develop film properly if it can be done just by leaving the tank alone for an hour or two??)

Then I´ve seen images, good ones, great grey scale, sharp, interesting. I ordered some Rodinal (R09 One Shot) and made the plunge. :eek: The first roll was a DISASTER. Grain like Norwegian hail - or golf balls, if you´re not familiar with that phenomenon). It turned out: You don´t guess on how much 3ml is, when it comes to Rodinal!

I gave it one more try. And: I´ll do it again! :D:D The image below is scanned off a half dry neg and it´s not much of an image (not even really sharp), but the gradation is there, right? It´s Fuji Acros, by the way (late afternoon, low winter sun, through trees)

CL, CV 2,5/35mm PII

leif e

RF_Licks

Great shots everyone from this page.

Lloyd, I like the 1st and 3rd shots with the Ektar. Film is fun huh?

JPlomley, very nice shots and tones with the M7. #1 and #5 is my favorite.

Cindy, I like #1 with the iiig. Nice tones!

Steve, love your take with film at the MFA. 3 Leicas at MFA? :bugeyes:. Like #2, 3 & 9 from the first set and the man with the lampshade hat. Excellent catch!

Leif, nice shots from the previous page and I like the tones on this last shot you posted.

Joe