The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you, Steve.

Steve, This is wonderful. I love the depth and richness. Did you meter it as 400iso? I just loaded my first two rolls of Portra 400 in my M6 and iiig. I understand that you can underexpose 2 stops and overexpose 1 stop with no problems. That flexibility should really open up some new possibilities.

M6ttl, zeiss 50mm planar,Kodak Portra 400:)

shtarka1

Thanks Cindy! I shot this "straight" at 400 & seasoned it in CS3 & SEP. This is the old Portra if that makes a difference. Nice to know it has some latitude. I do like the signature of this stuff though!:)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Steve. I was speaking of the new Portra (labeled Portra 400). I am really looking forward to see what it can do and how it scans. They will be releasing Portra 160 next month. It should be interesting, too.

shtarka1

Thanks, Steve. I was speaking of the new Portra (labeled Portra 400). I am really looking forward to see what it can do and how it scans. They will be releasing Portra 160 next month. It should be interesting, too.
Cindy, i bought some of the new stuff in 120 for the Bronica RF 645. Looking forward to seeing it Large!:) I'll be checking out the 160 also. Take care!

leif e

I´ll definitely pull some Portra out of the freezer again! AND look at the new stuff as well-
Great shots Steve - the guy in the frame there is a bit unnerving, right?

leif e

Peter Klein

From the Wayback Machine...

Let's go back to Lexington, MA of 1970 and 1971, my last years of high school. M2 and a DR Summicron, Tri-X or Plus-X in D76.

Protest, the day after the Kent State shootings:

Patriot's Day parade:

Deb at the library:

Susie conducts:

Student council session:

We now return to our regularly scheduled decade...

--Peter

Peter Klein

Thanks, Steve & Cindy! Back then, a used M2 didn't cost very much more than a new SLR. I remember complaining to the owner of the local camera store that I found it difficult to accurately focus an SLR. "I've got just the thing for you," he said. He put an M2 with DR Summicron in my hands. That was it. When I discovered how much better the lens drew than anything else I'd seen, I knew I'd made the right choice. Fortunately, my parents encouraged my creative endeavors! :)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
From the Wayback Machine...

Let's go back to Lexington, MA of 1970 and 1971, my last years of high school. M2 and a DR Summicron, Tri-X or Plus-X in D76.

Student council session:

We now return to our regularly scheduled decade...

--Peter
That room looks familiar, but is that the LHS auditorium? I remember it as being bigger. Oh wait! There was a smaller auditorium in the science building? God, it's all a blur :eek::eek: Hmm.. you might have known my older brother Don Grayson....

--Matt (Class of '75)

mathomas

Just moved this over from the "fun with other than Leica M" -- I wasn't paying proper attention.

Some from my last apug.org photo get-together. All on Ektar, with Leica M2 + Zeiss 25mm Biogon f/2.8. Had been a while since I shot my M2 (have been loving my Contax RX). My incident meter was giving me goofy readings, so I just went Sunny-16.

Something tells me I should have just shot B&W :). That being said, Ektar scans make for great B&W conversions, IMO.