The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How about more and more fun with Leica M? (Film)

RF_Licks

Thanks Steve :)

Cindy, nice vibrant colors to those Ektar shots, and thanks for the tips.
Dan, congrats on M7. Very nice tones to the B&W shots.

------
M6 TTL, 50CronV3 Legacy Pro 100 Rodinal 1+50

Joe :)

RF_Licks

Thanks Steve & Cindy. Freestyle has the last batch of Legacy Pro 100s & 400s on sale now if any of you are interested.

Joe

seakayaker

Thank you Jorgen, Cindy, Steve & Joe for your kind words!

. . . . . I have not had a film camera since the mid to late 90's, and it was a autofocus SLR. Having fun with the M7 but they did have a M6 TTL with the .58 view finder which was mighty pretty and had my heart. I love the .58 viewfinder with the 35 . . . . but my head said the M7 for the Auto shutter speed . . . . . decisions, decisions, . . . . . . . . . .

Oh Vey!

Cindy these two photos are Awesome!

I'm just scanning a roll of Portra 400 tonight. The first one is converted to b&w with an Ascough action in CS5.
Leitz iiig and Elmar 35 f/3.5

Leitz iiig and CV 35 f/2.5

Joe, I love these 3 shots! The woman looks like she could be heading to Tiffany's but a new nick name may have been born. With your self portrait in the shot we may have to start calling you Diamond Head! The 2nd is just a classic with the man (businessman/lawyer?) walking by the bench with the summer tourists all about . . . . . . and the 3rd shot of Steve is mighty fine, captured as he appears to be starring in the direction of Ms. Tiffany . . . .

Cindy, two excellent shots with the iiig. Very nice! I'm curious to try one of these iii series cameras someday.

--------
I haven't posted on this thread for awhile, but here's a few from my outing out with Steve (shtarka1) last week.
M6 TTL with either 35Lux ASPH or 50Lux ASPH. Legacy Pro 100 in either DDX1+4 or Rodinal 1+50. Scanned with Plustek 7600i.

Thanks for looking,
Joe :)

---------
and some fun shots of the other shooters :D

Steve, I love the shot of the professor, a great capture for the Harvard Square series! Nicely done.

. . . . . and the second shot of the young woman speaking to the man on the bench, they just do not look like they have much in common. Perhaps you had the same thing in mind when you named the photo, 'DontWantToKnow-'! Great capture, certainly gets the imagination wound up . . . . .

Harvard Square...

M7w/winder,50 Lux asph,Reala 100:)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Dan, I like "Janet & Friends" because it is a slice of American life...a scene that is repeating all over the country this time of year as families and friends gather for picnics and reunions. The ferry photo is timeless.
It is hard to decide on which M to choose. I like M6 classic, but M7 is probably a wise choice with M9 because the controls function in a similar way. I imagine a .58 with 35mm lux would be awesome.

seakayaker

Cindy, thanks for your kind comments, they are appreciated.

Yes it was a slice of Americana as we know it today, picnic tables, a grill, friends and some new faces to me, but not to Dean, as we gathered to enjoy a day together and provide him with a send him off as he relocates to LA for work after another downsizing.

. . . . . a few photograph taken this weekend . . . . .

Early Sunday Morning Fog at Pike Street Market
Captured Prior to the Vendors Setting up their Stalls for the Day

Decision Time

Talk Time at Jack's Fish

M7 with 35 LUX

seakayaker

Thanks Steve & Cindy. Freestyle has the last batch of Legacy Pro 100s & 400s on sale now if any of you are interested.

Joe
Joe, thanks for the heads up, I went ahead an ordered a package of the 10x10 36 exp, which works out to $2.05 a roll, a nice deal!

shtarka1

Dan, You Are "Smokin" With That Rig! I Love The Strong,Stark Contrast & Grain! Great Work & Looking Forward To More!:thumbs:

seakayaker

Thanks Steve and Cindy for your kind words, they are appreciated!

Enjoying working with the M7, not in the comfort zone yet with shooting film but working on it. The most important thing is I am having some fun!

Rudbeckia ~ Good Shepherd Center

Grasses & Flowers ~ Good Shepherd Center

Sunday Morning Table Set-up @ Pike Street Market

M7 with 35 Summilux

seakayaker

Eat A Peach ~ Pike Street Market

Dean ~ Lincoln Park - Dean's Party

Peg ~ Lincoln Park - Dean's Party

M7 with 35 Summilux

RF_Licks

Thanks for the kind words Dan! Much appreciated and I think you will enjoy those Legacy Pros. A good deal while available :)

Loving all of your recent film shots. You seem to be in your element with an analog M! Excellent shots, all of them, keep it up!

Joe

seakayaker

Thank you Joe & Steve for your kind words, they are appreciated!

Steve love all your shots! Great B&W, love the first 3 with the solo elderly people, number 6 is also exceptional to my eye with the light and dark, black and white contract, and of course the capture of the photographer in the window!

I was inspired to get a film camera after attending the Steve Huff SLUG workshop and a few of the SLUGS were shooting film. It is nice to see a couple of the BLUG's contributing over on the analog thread, certainly not as active as the digital.

I am heading back to Boston on the week September 19th and do hope to have the opportunity to meet up with you during this trip.

Traded in the M7 for a MP, wanted to force myself away from the AE of the M7 and sort out the speed and aperture for each shot.

. . . . . anyway a few from Sunday with the MP

The Skater

The Sketch Artist

Duo on the Mural Stage at the Brazil Festival

Leica MP with 50 Summilux

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Steve, Nice set. The jogger really stands out for me.
Dan, New camera?:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: The M7/35 combo did a great job, but these MP/50 lux shots knock my socks off.

RF_Licks

Wow, Dan, your Leica path seems to be on a steep trajectory! Congrats on the MP and love those film shots! Agree, lets try to meet up this time you're in Boston.

Steve, agree with Cindy, nice set with M7. Especially like the lighting, colors and composition on that shot with the pigeon, excellent!

Joe